Share Facebook

04-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Jenn

recycle coolers?

Hi,

Anyone else getting the small styrofoam coolers from a mail order pharmacy to keep your Humira dose cold on receipt? I checked with the pharmacy about returning to reuse and recycle them, but they said "dispose of them however you want". Well, I WANT to have them be reused. With a shipment every month, they are piling up fast. What do you do? When my son was on IV meds, that local pharmacy let me take them back in and reuse the coolers.

Thanks!
other: Centrum chewable multi; calcium-vitD;
Derma-Smoothe for psoriasis rashes; Alrex, Zaditor eye drops for vernal conjunctivitis; history of asthma, ear infections
04-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
MikeinBklyn
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have quite a few myself. I have used them numerous times for food transport. I have buddies asking for them every once in a while.

I would think there would be some kind of recycle / return to the shipper program. But I'm sure it is a helluva lot cheaper just to toss them than recyle / return for the company.
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Miss Underestimated

Check freecycle.org for a group in your area. BTW, mine comes in a container that contains soft foam. I've made pillows from it and used it for packaging when I need to ship fragile items.
*Jan 2012-present, Humira. No symptoms, but scopes indicated disease.
*6MP for all of 2013.
*2014 &2015 complete mucosal healing.

**Staying on Humira for maintenance**

The statistics I see so far for my situation seem pretty good. There ARE long term statistics for the Anti-TNF drug treatments now. I'm here to make them longER.
02-17-2016, 05:08 PM   #4
Jenn

Thought I'd update: a couple years ago I discovered our local recycling center (EDCO) takes styrofoam, so I stop by there a few times a year. They also take the sharps containers.