• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Website claims a cure for Crohn's

Hi all, I posted earlier with my symptoms that appear to match Crohn's so I've been doing a little research and I came accross the link below, has anyone tried this or is it just a method of a quick buck. Thoughts appreaciated.

http://www.crohnspainfreefoods.com

I saw the same thing for diabetes.
Unfortunatly, there is no known cure.
There are preventional diets which will only prevent relapse.
Although relapse can happen without agrivation from foods.
Many people with crohns have exhausted themselves with study and management and Unfortunatly diet doesn't cut it as a cure.
It's good to see your desire to become more knowledgable with the disease.

You know way more than me, thanks for replying, i found the mixing of the catylist foods interesting though, also that countries that mix these foods are the countries most assosiated with Crohn's disease.

I'm thinking about taking a vitiman D supliment too.

Out of interest I have lost about 5 pounds as I'm not eating properly and would like to take a form of supliment, do any of you guy's know one that is suitable whilst suffering for Crohn's?

Im undiagnosd myself. i came to this forum for the same reason everyone who is undiagnosed comes here. "symptoms match". although, its weird because, everyone experiences different symptoms.
The first imortant thing to do before taking any suppliments is to consult your doctor.
perform blood tests for levels of Vit D, Calicum, iron.
usually with an IBD you will find these levels will be low.
also request for a bone density test to make sure your bones are ok.
best tests to follow through for diagnosis -
Barium
CT scan
Colonoscopy
Campill "series"

During the period of discomfort while searching for a diagnosis you can try taking
Inner health plus - increases the ammount of good bacteria
keep a food diary - what foods set you off. for E.g, dairy,wheat etc.

usually weight loss is a symptom however, weightloss can mean many different things.
im actually extremly worried about my health as i have lost almost 20kg in 2 months.
and im not getting a result to say what is going on.
its been a long scarey process trying to find a diagnosis and i may not find one for months to come. "maybe years depending on how it all goes"
i was a long term smoker for 8 years. i was mainly smoking while i was sick as it was like my teddy bear through all this. now i have chucked my packet in the bin and i really hope there is light at the end of this tunnel. unfortunaley, whatever has happened, the damage is done and im going to have to wear it. whatever it is.