Share Facebook

04-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
carey

pregnancy question

Has anyone had spotting with light cramping while pregnant? I had to stop my remicade because i started getting an ugly rash on my legs and an abcess under my eye a week after my last infusion, im just not sure if the cramping is from the baby or the crohns, i see my high risk pregnancy doc on the 26th and my gi doc isn't till may 30th, not sure if i can get an earlier appointment with my gi doc or if they have anyone on call, if the cramping persists i might go to the er, any help or advice would be appreciated. This is my miracle baby, for years i thought i was baren, so i don't want to do anything wrong. Thanks.
Asacol, Prednisone, Imuran, Sulfa meds,
Bentyl, Remicade, Humira, Entocort,
Cimzia, 6 MP
(All failed)
Have not experienced remission yet
CURRENTLY ON:
Suboxone

04-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Manzyb
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Carey!

I did have some cramping and some spotting. It wasn't bad though. I would call my doc Monday if it keeps up and you are worried about it. how far along are you?

Sadie turns 2, 4/5/13!
04-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I too would get it checked - your GYN should get you in asap.

I had spotting/cramping during mine too - but at the time didn't know I was pregnant!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.

Last edited by Lisa; 04-22-2012 at 07:03 AM.
04-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
carey

Im only about 2 month's, i go see an ultrasound tech to find out exactly how far along i am, i think i will call my doc on monday, may 30th just seems to long to wait, either that or im going to er, i just want to make sure im ok. It's not horrible pain, nothing like my crohns flare ups, just a dull cramp that comes and goes, thanks guys, appreciate the input!
04-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #5
Rebecca85

I am 3 months, and every weekend that my period was due I got period type pains low down in front. I didn't have any spotting with it, but I have heard of women getting a little around the time of their period. I have had Crohn's pains during pregnancy too- they were higher (about level with my belly button) and to one side, that's how I knew it was Crohn's.

125mg azathioprine
4g Pentasa
04-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #6
tots

My Support Groups:
I had some very mild cramping and spotting with my first two babies. I was treated for it the ER. I also never had a positive preg. test until they could hear a heartbeat. i never have done much the easy way!!

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!