Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Mixing with anti deps

04-24-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
dhay

Mixing with anti deps

Hi,

Had depression for years now but building up to an intelerable level the last 6 months and need to finally go to GP about it (hate the idea of being mistaken for one of the 'little sad so need some pills' brigade)!

My question ... Is there any point going to my GP as I am just starting an increased dosage of Methotrexate and heard one cannot mix it with anything? Is this true?

Thanks
D
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
KayleighMeek
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi
There are some drugs that you cant take with methotrexatw but I am on an antidepressant and it is fine the doctor will let you know what you can't take with it. The only drug I can think of at the moment that you can't mix is aspirin I know there are more but can't think of them, the list should come with your medication.
I was like you as well I hated the thought of going onto an antidepressant I thought I was failing by doing it, now I realise it's the best thing I have done and I can now be me again.
04-26-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Aura

I was on antidepressents all the time while on methotrexate I didn't have any problems
Meds: 2.5mg Plendil ER. Azathioprine 100mg; Inhibace+ 12.5mg; gastrosoothe 60mg; Simvastatin 40mg; Loratadine 20mg; Fluoxetine 40mg; Provera 10mg; Metformin 2.55g; Cal d forte; 1.25mg, Humira; Panadol 4g; Pred 3mg
09-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
SamanthaLynn

My Support Groups:
I haven't found any antidepressants that react with methotrexate. I'm on citalopram and don't have a problem. Always best to speak to your pharmacist, they tend to know more about drugs and their interractions.
09-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
chrisnsteph1022

My Support Groups:
I just started metho and I've been on zoloft for years. The doc didn't say anything about them being bad together.
Moderate/severe flare through entire colon 12/2010-10/2012
Lialda, omeprazole, Remicade, Methotrexate, Folic Acid, Questran
Been on Asacol, prednisone, Apriso, Imuran, Entocort and Cimzia
FB support group

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Mixing with anti deps