• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help

W

Wuss

Hi everyone,
I never heard of crohns untill happening upon this site. I thought I just had a bad infection, now I realize I may have a disease. I'm pretty sure I've got a fistula & can't get a doc to prescribe me any antibiotics. I've no insurance & I went to a walk in clinic & he said that I had hemorrhoids & that they don't get infected, & prescribed preparation H.

Anyway I finally got a surgical doc to accept me on payments , & Monday I have a endoscopy scheduled. I asked him for a script of antibiotics & he said no... What I'm wondering is with out taking any antibiotics & if they find a polyp and remove it will the infection spread?

I've been feeling really sick & having night sweats & not looking forward to any of this...& not liking anything I've read so far on this site......:confused2:

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Wuss.

I understand your worry and confusion. I would be careful with the conclusion you have come up with though as many diseases share the same symptoms and sometimes you have symptoms but that does not mean you have a disease. We have had many visitors tell us they thought they had IBD based on what they read on the forum, only to find out it was something else entirely (even sometimes just a stomach flu). We have a bias as people to link what we see and read back to ourselves. This means that sometimes we hear about a disease and share some simularities with some of the symptoms, making us feel we have that disease. This is even the case when we do not suffer from the majority of the symptoms!

I am not able to diagnose you based on what you have written (and besides I am not a medical professional anyways!) but I would ask you not to overly worry about what may be and realize that you may not be affected by IBD. I do not know your past history or all the symptoms you have experienced, but I would not want you to worry about something so much that just may not be true.

If you would like you may want to post a bit more of a detailed history of your condition and symptoms and we can let you know what we think (but once again we are not professionals!)