• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So what happens now

last dr's apt i was told ,"Well you are kinda in limbo now, we've tried all we can and i do n't really know what else we can do for you at this time." " Stay on the Humira and I will see you in 3 months."
Wonderful, so what do i do? I don't think the Humira is doing what it is suppose to be doing ( been on it for 4 months this weekend) The remi worked so much better crohn's wise, but i had to many side effects from it.. Humira no major side effects but not working like it should. She did mention a colostimy but i said no way in hell, unless i am on my death bed i is not happening. Yes i know lots of ppl have had it done and have a much better life now, but i mentaly could not deal with that option right now.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
What were your side effects from the Remicade? Do you think you might be able to live with those more than a colostomy?

Nope not unless i want to loose my liver. Not only did it hurt my liver, got bad skin rashes , hair falling out, bad headaches..but it worked great on my bowels..go figure.

David

Co-Founder
Sorry to hear you're not doing great :(

If you want to talk about it, what symptoms are you experiencing on the Humira right now? If you just want to vent, then I feel you for sure.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Can the dose be increased for the Humira or can another medication be added on like a steroid such as Prednisone or Entocort? Do you fully trust this doctor or is it possible that you could see another GI for their opinion?

I'm on Humira and have had Prednisone as well, to get over my last flare.I would see if you could have something else added or Humira weekly, etc. there are other options.you might want to get another opinion.