• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Venting!

Diagnosed with UC first 8 months ago which then got changed to crohns after an abccess ruptured (at work mind you). This disease is KILLLING me if not physicaly then def mentally and emotionaly.
My wife while at times seems concerned spends most of her time laughing and giggling at some of the stuff I am forced to do like wearing an adult diaper or maxipad to keep the blood and puss from my 2cnd abccess from ruining my clothes or the furniture. Its hard for someone not going through this to understand why you do not want to get up off the couch and close proximity to a toillete just to go some place as simple as the grocery store.

I spent most of my 39 years affraid to go to the bathroom in public places, so it is pure irony that this has happened to me.

I have only been hospitalized once (blood loss) no surgeries knock on wood. Pred has gone from as much as 80mg, from what I have read I have tken the usual meds. Pred, Flagyl, Cipro, Azathropine (sp). Currenlty use Cimzia but will be starting Remicae on Wed.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles and that you don't have the level of support at home that you would prefer. That must make things a lot harder :(

Have they drained this additional abscess? Is it healing?

In case you haven't seen it, we have a Remicade Support forum in case you want to connect with others on it.

Again, welcome to the community!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are not getting much support at the moment at home, whilst humour can help with a disease like this (it's a case that you either laugh or cry) there is a time and a place and it can take a while to reach that point. Just know that we are here for you for any info you need.

Hope you can be feeling better soon :hug:

AB
xx

I will attribute it all to perhaps fear or lack of knowledge on her part. My posting was kinda short I realize. I was getting mad, my laptop kept backpaging and all my info kept gettin lost. I figured I had better post what I could before I hit the button yet again.

Welcome to the forum. You won't find a kinder, more helpful bunch of people anywhere, and they understand what you are dealing with better than anyone. I hope you are able to find the support you are looking for here.

Best,
Lisa