Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Dr's app comming up on Wednesday

04-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
moonrai1980

Dr's app comming up on Wednesday

So is there anything I should specifically ask the doctor about other than just telling them my symptoms?
04-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Trysha

My Support Groups:
Hello Moonrae
Are you seeing a gastroenterologist or your family doctor.
You are looking to find out what is wrong with you so after giving your symptoms and listening to what the physician is saying, you will be asking about any tests that are required and the reason for undergoing them.
Once a diagnosis is made then how will it be treated and what kind of medication will it entail.
Hope this may help.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
04-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
moonrai1980

Yes it will be my first visit to the gastroenterologist. The family doctor thinks its Chrons just by symptoms. And thank you for helping.
04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Yes let them know your symptoms, even joint pain or issues with your skin or eyes, tiredness etc. (Crohn's can affect other parts of the body). Ask what tests they plan on doing (most do a colonoscopy and endoscopy and a small bowel follow through to start then go from there) and ask what blood work they plan on doing (make sure they test your vitamin levels to see if you're low on any). Bring a pen and paper so you can write things down and be able to ask questions as they arise. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
05-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #5
moonrai1980

Guess I was hoping for more at this appointment. I'm tired of being in pain every muscle and joint I have hurts and the doctor just looked at me like I was crazy. And I showed her what I get on the bottoms of my feet right before a big flare and she said she didn't know what it was. It looks like ecsema does though. But I got my colonoscopy appointment set too bad its not till August. I'm just so tired of hurting. I can't even take pain killers because they don't stay down. Not even real sure I like this doctor but I can't change cause I don't have insurance and am going through the county hospital. I just want to feel decent.
05-03-2012, 02:52 AM   #6
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Do you know if you qualify or have you applied for Medicaid?
05-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
moonrai1980

No I don't qualify for medicaid. I just barely qualified for country assistance.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Dr's app comming up on Wednesday