Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Pill Cam prep help

05-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Pill Cam prep help

Hi.
I've started drinking the magnesium citrate as required for the test in the morning. They want me to finish drinking the first bottle within 15 min but, I'm having a horrible time finishing the stuff and it's now beyond the required 15 min that they wanted. Gotta admit that I'm smaller than the normal person usually doing this and weigh less as well. Tried calling the office, but they're already closed. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.
Lisa

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
05-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Mayflower537

My Support Groups:
That was my pill cam prep as well. Try a straw? I've heard when drinking disgusting stuff, if you can aim it past your taste buds, it helps. I got the lemon lime flavor of mag citrate and I didn't find it as awful as I thought it might be. Very salty, if I recall correctly. I would just try to get it all down as soon as possible. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Hope your test goes alright.
05-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Thanks. I've gotten a little more than half the bottle down. Stomach is just so upset that I'm dealing with nausea and belching. Will do my best and see what can be done.
05-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #4
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Wasn't able to finish even the first bottle because I started vomiting. Went through with the test anyway. Am thankful to be unattatched from the camera and recorder tonight Should hear results by tue.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Pill Cam prep help