Share Facebook

05-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Kendra

My Support Groups:
Suprep?

Has anyone ever taken the Suprep Bowel prep kit, prior to Colonoscopy. Ive never heard of this one & ive had CD for 20 yrs & i`ve always had a really, really difficult time drinking any of the preps. Any advise?
Ostomy reversal
Bowel resection
2 scar tissue removals
Appendectomy
Omeprazole
Remicade
Immuran
05-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
yoadrienne

I used Suprep with my first colonoscopy this past fall. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I think it was fine. The taste sure wasn't great, but it was manageable enough. I drank mine once at night and then once in the morning I think? Or maybe it was twice in the afternoon/evening? With three kids to take care of, my brain gets a little foggy on the details! But anyhow, I thought it was fine. I never gagged or felt like it would come back up. It was, however, very noticeable when it began to work. I was in the bathroom at least every 10 minutes for a 2 hours or so and then it would die down. By the end of the second dose, the liquid coming out during a bathroom trip was clear, so I assume it did its job.

So, although I've not had a TON of experience with different kinds of prep, that's my 2 cents.
05-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I've never used it but I envy you in that its only 6 ounces you have to mix with another liquid. Sounds like a "chug it and be done with it" sort of deal. With all prep be sure to drink plenty of fluids (clear and no red or purple) and a good rule a thumb to know is that once you're running clear (BMs look like the prep) you're clear. Have fun! :P
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
Switalski

My Support Groups:
Kendra,
I've used it for my last two bowel preps. In my opinion, it is by far the easiest one of the three different preps I've used. I use Crabby's chug approach - mix the solution with on large cup of water (I forget the exact number of ounces), chug it, grimace , then chug another glass of plain water. You then have to drink another large cup of water or two over a certain amount of time. About 12 hours later, you do it again. It's not an inordinate amount of water, and the bad taste only lasts for a couple of minutes. With Suprep, you spend more time pooping and less time drinking. Good luck!
Current meds: Humira
Adverse reaction to Remicade, but it worked
05-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Kendra

My Support Groups:
Thanks everyone. I have to do the split-dose. One bottle tonight at 6pm & then again & least 1hr b4 Scope.They are supposed to call me today with what time i go in tomorrow. Thats new to me, because all of my other Scopes had a scheduled time. Just odd because the other bottle of prep is to be taken at least 1 hr b4 colonoscopy? Never done it that way before. Just hate the idea of laying there waiting!