Share Facebook

05-12-2012, 04:40 AM   #61
sandramaggie

Hi there - sorry to hear your son has CD but pleased that he is doing ok with the Modulen. We are lucky over here in the UK as the prescriptions are free. When we were given the Modulen we were also given the flavours - coffee, chocolate, lemon and lime, strawberry,banana. Amy could only drink the strawberry and banana and then
only by drinking in one gulp and with a nose clip.
She is on steroids now -60g for 2 weeks and then reducing by 5g per week until she is weaned of them.
She is on day 2 of steroids - takes forever for her to take the 12 tablets!

Wishing you and your son all the very best- what I found really hard was not wanting to eat in front of her. Can you believe I am now taking medication to stop my acid production as I was in agony on a night with terrible stomach pains! my own fault for not taking care of myself.
05-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #62
Twiggy930
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The taste of the prednisone tablets is horrible!!! We put the tablets in a spoonful of yogurt or jello. That helped a lot.

Also taking: TuZen probiotic and following a low FODMAP diet (not very strictly).

Past Treatments: Prednisone, Flagyl, Cipro, Pentasa, exclusive EN via NG tube (6 weeks), Prevacid, Iberogast (20 drops twice a day) and high doses of vitamin B2.
05-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #63
sandramaggie

Thanks Twiggy930 - she has never mentioned the taste - just takes them between a mouthful of toast! Don't think I will ever get her back to school in a morning ......
05-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #64
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Good heavens! Why do they have her taking 12x5mg tablets???

Why do they not have her taking a mix of 25mg and 5mg tablets?

Dusty. xxx
05-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #65
sandramaggie

Good question - have 14 days worth so will make sure get the bigger dosage tablets next time - didn't check at the time and also not sure what dosage they come in.
05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #66
DustyKat
Super Moderator

They come in varying strengths 1, 2.5, 5, 25 but I now that I think about it I hope I haven't given you a bum steer...surely they have the higher strength in the UK??

Dusty. xxx
05-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #67
sandramaggie

Will let you know in a couple of weeks when I pick the next prescription up x
05-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #68
sandramaggie

Hi there - just a quick update - the largest tablet they do over here is 5mg. Amy is coming along in leaps and bounds - has been back to school on two seperate days just for 1 lesson the first time and then for 3 hours the 2nd time. She has 2 gcse exams coming up in a fortnights time - seems to be quite happy to do these now despite missing a lot of the work.
The steroids are making her tired - unable to sleep properly and constantly hungry - can't keep up with her and making meals/snacks for her.

She has a MRI scan booked for the 28th May so will have to see what that brings.
05-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #69
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update hun.

So fab to hear that Amy has picked up so much!

Oh yes, the lovely Pred side effects...

I so hope the MRI reflects that the Pred has done its job...Good Luck!

Dusty. xxx