Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » So who on here still likes the beer/wine

05-09-2012, 05:10 AM   #31
braveheart
Passionate Dreamer

Another vote for red wine:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_...-from-red-wine

I think that beer is the worst option for a Crohnie.

These are my “top quality” drinks:
-Red wine. Not wite wine. Not champagne. There are lot's of qualities so try an expensive one.
-Aged rum. Aged, not the white one.
-Fernet. You can only get this from Argentina or Italy.

Of course a doctor would say we have not to drink alcohol, but I am not a doctor.
05-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
· Stoma
Just saw my GI today, he certainly didnt say not to drink alcohol! He said dont drink ALOT of alcohol. Which is a good idea for anyone.

As in, dont go over the recommended weekly limit of 14 units a week for a female.
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
05-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
lizzy16
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't have a stoma, but I have had ups and downs with alcohol since my diagnosis - I was quite the social drinker and it was annoying when I was really sick to have friends asking about my illness saying, "So.. when can you drink again?". Like that was the most important thing! 2-3 drinks is about my limit these days; any more and then I'll start to need the bathroom a lot and just feel tired and want to go home. I find gin & tonics are easiest on my stomach, with non-alcoholic drinks in between so I can stay out for longer. God bless mocktails! Although I did go to a work do recently and managed to get roaring drunk on white wine and make a complete ass of myself without getting sick - wow I haven't done that in nearly a year! I had an honest to goodness hangover the next day, it'd been a while since I had that old feeling.

All in moderation, even for us Crohnies!

Diagnosed with Crohn's colitis October 2011
150mg Imuran
Started Humira 40mg 26/03/13
Vit D Supplement

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done."

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » So who on here still likes the beer/wine