Share Facebook

05-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
robbo87

My Support Groups:
So annoyed

Well, Ihalf expected it but on friday I lost my job , I was hoping to go back soon after being off sick for quite a while, but in that time the company had been taken over by someone else and had a complete over haul, and are looking for any excuse to get people out. had a chat with a manager and we basically came to the conclusion that because I'm likely to be off again soon after my reversal anyway there's not much point re training to then be off again and it would just be easier to "let me go" and then when they take on again in the future (which is unlikely to happen despite what they said) they'll bring me back without needing an interview.

I've absolutely no chance at finding another part time job now to help tide me over and was really hoping to get back on track and start working again.

grrrrrr
omeprozol 40mg
codeine x4
laparimide
ferrous sulphate
folic acid

ileostomy, colostomic mucus fistula stoma. gastostromy after recent surgery

tried, prednisolone, pentasa, azathioprine and infliximab
05-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Astra

My Support Groups:
That's a bit mean Martin, bet the last thing you need is a fight, but you could do them for discrimination. If you could prove that they've 'let you go' based on your illness.
The Citizens Advice could help you with it.
Hang on in there
xxx

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

05-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Terriernut

My Support Groups:
Typical nowadays with employers here and elsewhere. There isnt room for us. You ARE covered under the DDA act here in the UK Martin. Might want to call the Crohns Colitis of the UK and get free advice there as well.

When I got sick at the end of 2010 and almost died (twice) I thought...methinks I might need to join a union. (first time in my 49 years) So, now I have the Unite Union, and the DDA to protect me if I need it. Mind you, I dont take the piss and miss work unless absolutely necessary. And I'm VERY up front about Dr appts etc. I even take holiday time if necessary for things. So, when the time comes (its inevitable) I have a fighting chance.

So, as you ARE covered under the DDA, make sure the job centre knows it, and they help you 100% under those conditions!
DX Crohns Feb 2011, symtoms 1997, 2009 and then WHAM! Emergency surgery for perforated sigmoid, fistula through fallopian tube, septic and near dead: Colostomy-Stan was born 22/12/10. Another parastomal hernia, his name is Ollie and he is MONSTER size!
4gm Pentasa
6MP 50mg
05-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
ruthyp

you should def get some advice from ACAS or something, thats so unfair to discriminate against you, its illegal! we come under the Disability Act, which is there to protect us. iv made it very clear to my employer when she started making snippy comments about the amount of sick leave i have taken. get all the help you need whether it be benefits, crohns and UC can get disability allowance, get legal advice about the job, and claim what you can. Its not our fault we cant work and when we do, we do it just as well as everyone else. hope everything works out xxx

CD diagnosed '08 however GI recon iv had it since birth.
------------------------------------------
Prednisolone 40mg daily
Mercaptopurine 30mg daily
Tramadol (as much as i can somedays)
05-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
tots

My Support Groups:
I agree- I would act on it. The more we allow this to happen we will forever be moving backwards in our lives.

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!