• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Crohn's

Hello,
I actually don't have Crohn's but my (recently acquired) fella does. He just got diagnosed around November of last year and doesn't really know much about, nor does he really make an effort to learn. At the beginning his doctor said that he had a good chance of his going into remission. But today he had a check up and found that his window of remission opportunity is closing. So I am getting involved, I want to know more about it. What to look for, what to avoid, helpful tips that kinda thing so I can fee like I am doing more than just worrying about him. Thanks so much!!

Hello,

The Forum is a great place for information on all aspects of Crohn's - I have found it a huge help. Just one comment though - as you read through you will read many 'worse case' examples so don't for one minute imagine it is one long nightmare. The truth is there are hard times but mostly life is very normal. That said every case is very different.

Thank you, yeah from what I have read I started to feel even more worried for him! But I know he isn't nearly that bad yet, so I am just looking for things to prevent it from getting worse and all that. And things I need to avoid doing, like I love to cook but I know about half the things I love to cook make him sick and he won't tell me they make him sick until he has already ate them and started to feel bad!!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome :)

Your partner is very lucky to have someone as supportive as you! Though I think he's not being smart about not educating himself and not communicating, that's how some people handle disease. The lucky ones have someone like you.

And yes, Crohn's Disease is cause for concern. However, the more that you educate yourself and understand what is going on, the less likely it is that the serious things will happen as you can be proactive. There is a LOT to learn though and you may feel overwhelmed at times (I sure do). However, we're here to help you every step of the way. Ask as many questions as you want, we're happy to answer what we can.

All my best to you and your partner.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, good for you for coming here to learn more about this disease :) Definetly have a good nosy around as there is plenty of info here and do not hesitate to ask if you are not sure on anything. One thing to remember is that we are all different with how this disease behaves so what happens to one person may not happen to another so please do not worry that every nasty thing you read about will happen to your chappie. It may be worth seeing if he would be willing to have a look here too....

AB
xx