• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

For the people who have drank ensure, is this normal??

I have been on a liquid diet since Thursday drinking Ensure plus. My stools are incredibly loose ( but I figure since i'm not eating anything solid this is ok?) What is causing me concern is that they are quite black, tarry sort of. I know that could be a sign of internal bleeding but was wondering if that was just the side effects of drinking ensure???

Any help appreciated as always
x :poo:

What is in the multi vitamin ? Could there be iron in there ?

Are you on ensure for a flare up , coz bleeding may take a while to stop coz your still healing inside .
If I was you though I'd go straight to the docs with a sample if poss or get a sample to send off, especially if it's a new symptom for you .
Jen xx

Yeah there is iron in it maybe I'm having too much iron with the skakes also having iron in them. It's just I've never seen black blood before always bright red. But your right I should let the docs know just to be on the safe side. Thanks x