Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Thought I would share this…SSI Vaccines

05-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #151
Scared1

Officially declared side effects are: redness and local inflammatory reaction at injection site and also 12-24 hour transient fever reaction. If the side effects occure then dosage is reduced.

Has there been any research testing the effectiveness of this approach?:

No, there are no studies as far as I know. I knew about this method for many years but didn't try it due to the abscence of studies. But then I found the information about QU trial and thought that the approach with autovaccine is pretty similar.

Here is an interesting link:
http://jem.rupress.org/content/206/9/1839.full

Prof. Herman Taylor has an interest in pushing the MAP theory. How can he know how compromised the immune system is in every crohn's patient? Is there a method of measuring this parameter? However I like the idea of MAP as the cause of the disease and tried the tripple therapy which unfortunately didn't help me.

I will probably get my vaccine at the end of the week.
I think - just my two scents that the umbrella of crohn's has many different causes, that is why some respond better than others. The way that it manifests itself is the same. When you are sick - you body has a fever to try to kill off an infection which can be a bunch of different things, but he body reacts the same way. I think maybe in your case, although MAP may be a possibility (did you consider trying to mlre than 3 months), maybe it is another pathogen, I am not sure.
05-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #152
Scared1

Very interesting.
Hi crohnatar, any update on your vaccine?
05-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #153
Scared1

I don't think he is "pushing" the MAP theory, he just happens to have studied and treated Crohn's for 30+ years and makes a pretty compelling case that it is often the cause. Don't forget he has also studied and published about many other things including AIEC.

My point though was about killed bacteria vaccines (of any type) and whether they can help reprogramme the immune system to improve Crohn's. His answer was unequivocally that they do not work. Given they are easier to create than a T-cell vaccine, I am sure he would not have spent 15 years researching and creating the T-cell MAP vaccine if there was a much simpler and cheaper solution.

As I said previously though, I am always enthusiastic to see people try ideas out and eagerly await the results of your trial of this treatment.
I agree - if you think about it, its good that he is pushing it even if he is - at least someone is working on a innovative way to look at it and not giving up. Even if SOME of the cases are resolved and I am positive they will be, that is a success, then perhaps the tide will turn on the common perception of let's treat symptoms not the cause. I mean, just having read Irishgirls case - in her case, if the MAP vaccine works as good as the antibiotics have been for her, which theoretically they should, I think she will be cured. Other's may have different causes, different bacteria, etc..so if that proves to be a success, maybe people will start looking at the problem differently.
05-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #154
Scared1

Hi,

I only know about work with the MAP vaccine and I didn't talk to him personally. So maybe this prof is right and maybe he is wrong. MAP-therapy didn't work for me.
Hi Crohninator - how long did you try the MAP therapy out of curiosity and you never saw any improvement at all?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Thought I would share this…SSI Vaccines