• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosed with UC in March

diagnosed with UC in March

After 14 months of diarrhea, which progressed to bloody loose stool and multiple doctors telling me that I should take probiotics, change my diet, take this and do that, I went to a new family doctor who decided to run some tests. She ran stool samples, everything came back normal, but I was still feeling bad, within that week, I started to run a constant fever and have an extreme amount of pain. I could no longer lay down in bed and needed to sleep in a recliner. Good gravy, what was wrong with me!

Finally, my husband decided that we needed to go to the hospital, I worried, because my baby was still nursing, how will this turn out.........

It turned out that I was told after sitting in the ER that I had Colitis, I was being admitted and my baby was staying with MIL and away from me for the first time EVER!

After a bunch of tests, we were told I had UC, not a single spot on my colon was pink, it was full of ulcers, I was put on IV steroids and eventually started to feel a little better.

I am now stepping down off the steroids, and on Asocol 800mgx2 twice a day.....I hope that I will be in remission soon........

scottsma

I hope so too.Asacol works for me and keeps me in remission but everyones symptoms and treatment are different so all the best and I hope you feel well very soon.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :bigwave: Sorry to hear you have been so poorly, fingers crossed the meds will work and you will be feeling much better soon.

Glad you have decided to join, you have come to the right place to get plenty of info and support about this disease.

AB
xx

David

Co-Founder
A very hearty welcome to you. Sorry to hear about your new diagnosis but you are amongst friends who understand. We're here for you anytime you need us :)

Thanks for the warm welcome...... I hope that I can be in remission after all these steroids, because we want to TTC a sibling for C