Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » This is really getting me down.

05-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Bernie1986

This is really getting me down.

I've really had enough of all of this!
I'm so tired, my stomach is swollen and sore, I throw up every time I eat and I am nothing compared to the person I used to be, I feel like a burden to the world, I feel very confused and can't figure out why out of all the friends I had; I can't pick up the phone and talk to one of them about this wretched disease.
I've had about three months remission in three years and the crohns is back! Nothing has ever defeated me like this before.
.....how the hell do you remain strong through this?
I fell so lonely, I apologies that this message is so depressing but I feel terrible!
05-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Dunbar

My Support Groups:
For me it's not remaining strong but rolling and bouncing. I am lonely too, I have joined a support group in town but it's only once a month, but I have this site. My family and friends want the best for me but they don't want to hear about it. Or maybe, I don't think they want to hear about it. Either way, they don't hear about it. So here I am, talking to you. Hello. And some days you don't need help you just need ears. So rant away. You are being heard. And there is ALWAYS hope, you WILL feel better.
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
rygon

My Support Groups:
yeh its a very hard disease. you try and tell your mates about it and they dont understand. Most of the time you look fine (still walking and talkign like normal etc).

I spent over a year on my own (finding hobbies that can be done on your own and can be stopped when ever was a great help), but it can get better. whether its a drug, diet or surgery just keep your head up and bitch to your docs for not fixing you.
05-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Bernie1986

Thank you both very much for your responses, it's such a relief to speak with people that understand!

I know I will come out of the otherside of this "I always do" but sometimes it just gets incredibly hard. As you both know.

Feel free to rant to me anytime (youve earnd it) and I'll be your ear to chew lol!
Thanks again xx

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » This is really getting me down.