Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Not sure what's going on?

05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
KitKat08

Not sure what's going on?

Hi. I was diagnosed almost year ago with Crohns Disease. Since then I have not seen a doctor because I do not have health insurance. Lately whenever I get my menstral cycle my body goes haywire and I need to take time off of work. My questions how ever is my cycle ended last week but for the last couple days I had been spotting really bad and having light pain in my lower right abdomen. I also keep getting the urge to pee but can't. I don't know if this is related tii the disease. And I can't see a doctor. Any advise would help. It's kind of scaring me.
05-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I'm not quite sure about your crohn's. From what I've read it seems to be normal to act up around the time of our bleeding. Even does with me. A few years ago I saw the doctor because my vaginal area was constantly burning and I found that it gets too dry. So, she prescribed some estrogen cream that I use. The burning feeling seems to happen for me quite often when either at the end of my cycle and/or with a flare. Wish I had better info for you. Just thought that it might help from a personal experience though. Take care.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
05-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
The spotting and urge to pee makes me wonder if you have endometriosis. Have you had that ruled out?

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
KitKat08

I'm not sure what that is? Since I no longer have health insurance I haven't seen a doctor since August of 2011. This is kind of a new issue. My periods have gotten worse over the last five months and the spotting afterwards is somewhat new as well. I always think I have an UTI come that time of month.
05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
EESh.... It could be endometriosis. That's where the lining of the uterus that bleeds goes out of the uterus and attaches to other parts in your gut, most commonly behind the uterus, the bladder, fallopian tubes, and sometimes the bowel. I had it all across the back wall behind the uterus and had terrible back pain and also had it on my bladder which made me feel like I had to pee every 15 minutes. It also commonly causes heavier bleeding and/or longer time of bleeding, including spotting. These are not, of course, the only things that can happen or the only symptoms, but a gynecologist would be the person to see for this.

It may not be endometriosis at all....I'm not trying to scare you or make things even more complicated. There are others on this board that have endometriosis along with Crohn's and they may be able to help you better figure out if it is related to Crohn's or something else.
05-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
KitKat08

I also have really bad back pain. I know I should see a doctor. It's a matter of figuring out how as I have no extra money and all the doctors I've emailed need money up front. I'll keep this in mind. Thank you for your help. It's nice to have others with the disease to talk to. Vs my friends and in laws who think I'm making everything up and think im being a baby. :/

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Not sure what's going on?