• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

May you live everyday of your life

Hi Everyone.....I am a male aged 64, surely one of the oldest hereabouts, recently retired as a teacher, and am presently, enjoying driving a large passenger vehicle about the city I live in.

I was diagnosed with acute UC in 1998, unfortunately coming at the end of many years of ill health undiagnosed by medical professionals, and also discovering at the same time, that as it was a hereditary illness....it has been determined that my UC has been with me from birth... it explained for the first time, why many of my fathers relatives, both living and dead, had similar symptoms as myself of unexplained illnesses..

Bouts of pancreatitis followed by hospitalization, problems with the breakage of bones, eye problems, skin tissue problems, severe allergies, constant bowel problems, dramatic weight loss among other things and always a feeling of being unwell has been my lot in life to date,.all spread over 6 decades ..

However, to me, time has no meaning. I have an extremely strong belief that, as life is so precious, be you weak or strong, and that as there is no rewind or fast forward of ones life , patience and faith has enabled me to deal with the most painful of experiences both physical and emotional, resulting from this most miserable of diseases over my life span.

So, to read this forum and to see the wonderful replies to the anquish that we all suffer from, reaffirms my belief, that those who are afflicted by the ravages of this disease are wonderfully strong and determined....

My message is, that life can be lived if you suffer from UC by patience and faith...as they say don't sweat the small stuff.

Blessings to you all.....

Astra

Hiya Walleth
and welcome

I hear ya brother!
Good to have you on board
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Wallath-
You are so right- no matter how we are feeling, we can turn to this forum and someone will respond and pick us up!!

Late at night when I can't sleep and I feel isolated and alone there is always a friend here to say- its ok!!

Its awsome!

Lauren
:welcome: