Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Help ! Stomach bug and Metrotrexate

05-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Help ! Stomach bug and Metrotrexate

Hi Everyone , Sorry not posted for a while.

I take Methotrexate once a week & have monthly blood tests to check evrything is fine.

This last 3 days i think i have had a stomach bug and have been vomiting as well as having D too. As work are hastling me about coming in , i called my GI as im still unsure about if it's my crohns or stomach bug thats causing this.
I got through to his receptionist , who spoke to him on my behalf and called me back saying stop taking my methotrexate and attend my GP for Blood Tests. I asked her what bloods im supposed to have , are they just they regular one's i have ??? What am i asupposed to ask the GP , Also i only had bloods 2 weeks ago. Also asked her how long am i supposed to stop the methotrexate for , only took my weekly dose last night. She didn't have any answers to my questions and said she is now off for 2 days as is my GI and it will have to wait till he's back as he has left for the day. I am very anxious now as i dont know what im really supposed to do. Im a worrier anyway and am paniking about what it all means. Have also called my GP's and awaiting them to get back to me. Anybody had this happen before, Is it the Metho thats making me ill , What bloods are they on about ??? Just so anxious any advise would be appreciated , thankyou

Methotrexate 20mg per week
Omeprazole 40mg per day
Ferrous sulphate 3 x tablet per day
Folic Acid 1 per day (5 days a week)
Ranitidine
(trammadol & Paraccetamol for painrelief

Diagnosed Nov 2010 - Crohns Colitis
(bowel problems since 16yrs) 29 Yrs old now
So far tried Asacol,Aza,6mp,Remicade
05-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I now this is a late response but do you always get your blood work done at the same place no matter who orders them? Either you or your GP can call the lab where you get your GI blood work done and they can tell you what they had been testing for.

Chances are you've already gotten it done though. Any update on how you're doing? Was it a bug or the meds or do you know yet?
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
05-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Joleen23

My Support Groups:
Hi , Didn't go for bloods , Spoke to my GP and she didn't know what bloods i would need & left msg for GI and nobody has got back to me. My GP said if i felt i was improving it should be ok and not to worry to much. It's now sunday & have stopped vomiting , Think my crohns may be flaring a bit now , but not all that bad and feel much better. Have my 3 mth appt with my GI on Monday anyway so will have a word with him then.
Thanks very much for your reply
05-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Aura

Let us know how you get on with GI visit. With bloods they like the full blood count, a general chem panel, Liver function tests, sometimes do iron, folate, b12, kidney bloods as well

Glad to hear that you have started to feel a bit better. Getting any bug is not good on mthx.
Meds: 2.5mg Plendil ER. Azathioprine 100mg; Inhibace+ 12.5mg; gastrosoothe 60mg; Simvastatin 40mg; Loratadine 20mg; Fluoxetine 40mg; Provera 10mg; Metformin 2.55g; Cal d forte; 1.25mg, Humira; Panadol 4g; Pred 3mg

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » Help ! Stomach bug and Metrotrexate