Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Officially in remission

05-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #1
cheerio

Officially in remission

My blood now shows what I have been feeling for a little over a month. I am in remission!!!!
I have gone from sickly to healthy in just 8 weeks. I was so scared to start Remicade that when my doc said we needed to go that route, I just freaked. For me, I decided to try Paleo. It has been described as an anti-inflammatory diet. Not knowing much more than that, I thew myself at it whole heartedly. That was 8 weeks ago.
My CRP's are within normal range. They have been elevated for nearly 4 years.
My iron is within normal range. I have been anemic for 3 years and had to have iron infusions last Dec. I was told, by my Hemotologist, that I could expect to have infusions 2-3 times a year, but now I do not need them
My Vit b12 is normal! I am now absorbing this important vitamin normally! I was on monthly injections for the last year.
My Crohn's symptoms are gone. No more D, arthritis issues, pain during digestion, and the awful serious lack of energy.
Lastly, I have been taken off of Entocort. I have been on it, in various doses, for nearly a year. I know that being on oral steroids, for extended periods, is hard on your body and I am thrilled to be off.
I will continue taking low dose Azathioprine and will reassess with my gut doc in August.

8 weeks ago I was desperate to get ahold of this flare. I am amazed at how far I have come. Paleo worked for me, I do not assume it is for everyone, but maybe my story will give some people another option to try.

I blogged about my whole journey. If you want to read it, feel free.
Thank you all for being here for support. Many a days, I'd find myself lurking here just because I knew 'here' I was normal and accepted.

I'll still be around here. I doubt I can give back all the encouragement I have recieved here, but I will try!
www.kelly-paleoandcrohns.blogspot.com
:
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
JDTM
OMG LDN BBQ

My Support Groups:
Wow, Kelly! Super psyched for you! Keep that remission going -- it sounds like you're doing great!!

Current meds:
Lialda (4.8g)
fluoxetine (40mg)
naltrexone (4.5mg)

Previous meds:
Dexilant (too pricey!), Xifaxan (short course), budesonide (tapered off), Pentasa (had to switch in January 2016), omeprazole

Supplements:
multivitamin
2000IU vitamin D-3

Diagnosis:
gastritis & duodenal ulcers, August 2011
Mild Crohn's in terminal ileum, February 2012
5cm of narrowing w/ no signs of active inflammation, May 2014
05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
CLynn

Fantastic!!! Good for you!
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
05-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
Angrybird

My Support Groups:
Really chuffed to hear you are now feeling so much better, long may it continue!!

DX: Crohns July 2002
Surgery: Ileocecal Resection Sept 2011
Now:Tummy behaving itself and new mummy to baby Nicholas
Current Meds: 6-MP 75mg,B12 injections every 3 months
Previous Meds: Budesonide, Prednisone, Remicade, Pentesa,Hydroxychlorequine,Azathioprine (tried twice) and Methotrexate

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Officially in remission