• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help

After a colonoscopy I have just been told I have colitis in fact the doctor wasnt sure he first of all said an infection then colitis and then said crohns. I have also lost a lot of weight and have the stupid questions from people who say dont lose anymore, like I am trying to! I am also a very private person and will not elaborate on any remark made to me.
I am on 2000mg a day of Sulfalazine.
I would like to ask anyone if they also use any alternate medicine, I purchased some Aloelite but havent taken it yet after reading a comment on the forum.
Should I be taking a probiotic?
I am a vegetarian, but have started eating fish, no chicken or red meats. I know we are all different but would appreciate any advice that I could at least try myself.
I am 61 and am thankful that it hasnt happened till now.
I am just so sorry that some children can also have it , why hasn't there been more research into curing this disease???
Thanks, AntiqueJenny

A probiotic can never really hurt or at least that's what my GI had told me. Fish oil can also help. Other then that unfortunately everyone is different so something that soothes my gut might irritate yours. It's kind of a trial and error kind of thing (I know not what you wanted to hear). In regards to your last question there are so many unknowns when it comes to Crohn's, where it starts, why is starts, is it genetic etc but in the last year research has doubled in crohn's treatments. Maybe something good will come out of that research!
Loni