• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello, all.

Hi there.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for this incredible forum. It's been great to be able to get answers to tough questions and the community here is just incredible. Thanks for that.

A little about me and my journey. I'm 22 years old, and was was diagnosed with Crohn's almost a year ago. I put up with symptoms for about a year, went in for a colonoscopy thinking it was mild UC or something similar (since that's what my doc said), and got the CD diagnosis 2 days after my 22nd birthday. I like to think it's fairly mild considering some of the tough things people put up with, but I have good days and... not so good days. The day-to-day symptoms like diarrhea don't both me since I'm used to it, but it's the related stuff that kills me. I'm dealing with my first fissure now and it's worse than anything I've had yet (advice, anyone? - currently using NitroBid and have been getting by with Lidocaine for about 2 weeks with no light at the end of the tunnel).

Well, that's it for now, I guess. I'll be fairly active on the site, and I'll be sharing my experiences as I power my way through them. Thanks!

David

Co-Founder
Hi rinehart and welcome to the community. It's really great to have you here and thank you for your kind words!

I don't have any advice for the fissure, sorry, but hopefully others will be along who can help. We also have a fissure support subforum if you want to post a specific question there.

Are you currently on any medications? Where is your Crohn's Disease located?

I look forward to seeing you around the community and hearing of your experiences. Hopefully most will be positive!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum. Happy to see you like the forum, thank you :)

I don't have any experience with fissure's but was also curious as to what meds you are on for the crohns?

AB
xx