• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Chocolate....the break up!

Dear Choclate,

I think it is time we have a talk. You see although I do love you. I have decieded that you are just not right for me. I know this will come as a shock to you as we have been together for a long time. I remember the long nights studying for exams in college... you were there. I remember the long clinical hours and then the long night shifts... again you were there for me. But lately you have not been so nice. You realy give my belly the gurgles and bubbles. I end up spending the night in and out of the bathroom in pain. To be honest it's not you, it's me, and you are just not going to be in my life any more.
So sorry to tell you this way...... Woops!

P.S... I am with honney now, he treats me better.

Anyone else got a vent... breakup food story.... I am flairing pretty bad these days and if I don't choose to laugh at something I will prob cry...
Woops!

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I'm afraid that I can't do as good as you:( But, for awhile my husband and I started drinking coffee on our weekends and we can't do that anymore because it goes right through me. Now we drink tea. But, it's not quite the same. Especially when we have some sort of sweet bread or cookie to go with it.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Okay, here's mine:

Dear Salad,

I know we've done this before, and I've always found myself coming back to you. Sometimes you're nice to me but other times you're downright abusive. And nobody else sees the abuse - all my friends say you're good for me! Everyone else loves you. But as for us, it needs to stop. I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't take the pain. You have seen the last of me. I am definitely probably maybe not going to come back to you again.

Cat

PS Why are you so delicious???

Okay, here's mine:

Dear Salad,

I know we've done this before, and I've always found myself coming back to you. Sometimes you're nice to me but other times you're downright abusive. And nobody else sees the abuse - all my friends say you're good for me! Everyone else loves you. But as for us, it needs to stop. I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't take the pain. You have seen the last of me. I am definitely probably maybe not going to come back to you again.

Cat

PS Why are you so delicious???

OMG Cat, I feel exactly the same way. I miss eating salads as meals, etc.....

Pretty much all veggies, some fruits, some coffee and fried food! I love fried food.....but I realize its time to cut back and get rid of all together!

LOL! I haven't given up chocolate or coffee yet, terrible I know, but I love them! I still try the salads, but like Cat, some days it goes ok, some days it's awful.

Dear Cake
You make my belly ache
Too much at stake
Hence the break
Goodbye
Grumbletum
And I need to sign the chocolate and coffee letters too :-( but I consider myself lucky as I can eat most fruit and veg :)

LOL thanks, sometimes with this disease I have to find things to laugh about or I will cry. I do think that I may have to break up with red meat... to heavy on the belly, not worth it. Love your break up letters.

Woops!

Dear Buffalo Wings...

We know we should stop, we tell outselves it's dumb. The circle just restarts, and now it's back to square one. You said this was the last time...I don't know. You said that shit the last time.... :(

I can't give them up, no matter how much it hurts...I will suffer just to be with them one more time... :cry:

You could think i'm talking about a girl...haha

Dear Buffalo Wings...

We know we should stop, we tell outselves it's dumb. The circle just restarts, and now it's back to square one. You said this was the last time...I don't know. You said that shit the last time.... :(

I can't give them up, no matter how much it hurts...I will suffer just to be with them one more time... :cry:

You could think i'm talking about a girl...haha
Exactly like me with mexican food!

i've been trying to break up with chocolate. Iam not doing well. We still see each other on humira night cause i need that bravery help. and every so often I can't resist. But we are no good for each other. it makes me so sad.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I don't know about you guys, but even though I don't do well with regular chocolate. White chocolate is ok. Has anyone else tried this? I know it's not the same, but at least it could be a possibility...

Grumbeltum.

I do good with seafood. It is a bit expensive, but worth it. Sadley no sugar for me. Chicken is ok.... but... I realy can't do too much of it. I think it just sits a little heavier on my belly. At the min NOOOO veggies, but I have been able to juice carrots and apples. Wating for Humira to start....

Beef I miss you!!! sure my sister who has crohns is able to visit with you in burger form but she has more 'procedures' then I do.
but I would LOVE to taste your prime rib.

to hell with all the things I miss with food (since to many things): I would LOVE to go out to eat open a menu and just order based on taste not on what will cause me the least amount of pain.
I spend more time trying to figure out what to eat at a restaurant not just being able to enjoy it

I have convinced my self that white choc is ok too, trouble is that just gives me a taste for the hard stuff,

Dear Dairy Milk Whole Nut Bar,
I need you so bad,
But I must be strong, never again will I take your delicious squares into my mouth and melt them lovingly on my tongue while watching hollyoakes,
its the milky bar kid for me now, but shhh don't tell him this.....he will never measure up.

Dear Popcorn,

We were once the best of freinds. We used to share long movies together, but now your buttery goodness makes me sick. While your aroma is intoxicating at the theater or at home, I know that we can no longer be together or I will cramp. So we must part ways before I get damp. Thanks for all the good times together and who knows, maybe one day we can get back together...

Dear Popcorn,

We were once the best of freinds. We used to share long movies together, but now your buttery goodness makes me sick. While your aroma is intoxicating at the theater or at home, I know that we can no longer be together or I will cramp. So we must part ways before I get damp. Thanks for all the good times together and who knows, maybe one day we can get back together...
My sister, who also has CD, when goes to the movie with someone, eats one kernel of popcorn so she can still have some