Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Chocolate....the break up!

05-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
woops!

Chocolate....the break up!

Dear Choclate,

I think it is time we have a talk. You see although I do love you. I have decieded that you are just not right for me. I know this will come as a shock to you as we have been together for a long time. I remember the long nights studying for exams in college... you were there. I remember the long clinical hours and then the long night shifts... again you were there for me. But lately you have not been so nice. You realy give my belly the gurgles and bubbles. I end up spending the night in and out of the bathroom in pain. To be honest it's not you, it's me, and you are just not going to be in my life any more.
So sorry to tell you this way...... Woops!

P.S... I am with honney now, he treats me better.

Anyone else got a vent... breakup food story.... I am flairing pretty bad these days and if I don't choose to laugh at something I will prob cry...
Woops!
05-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I'm afraid that I can't do as good as you But, for awhile my husband and I started drinking coffee on our weekends and we can't do that anymore because it goes right through me. Now we drink tea. But, it's not quite the same. Especially when we have some sort of sweet bread or cookie to go with it.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
05-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #3
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Okay, here's mine:

Dear Salad,

I know we've done this before, and I've always found myself coming back to you. Sometimes you're nice to me but other times you're downright abusive. And nobody else sees the abuse - all my friends say you're good for me! Everyone else loves you. But as for us, it needs to stop. I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't take the pain. You have seen the last of me. I am definitely probably maybe not going to come back to you again.

Cat

PS Why are you so delicious???
05-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
CLynn

Okay, here's mine:

Dear Salad,

I know we've done this before, and I've always found myself coming back to you. Sometimes you're nice to me but other times you're downright abusive. And nobody else sees the abuse - all my friends say you're good for me! Everyone else loves you. But as for us, it needs to stop. I can't keep doing this anymore. I can't take the pain. You have seen the last of me. I am definitely probably maybe not going to come back to you again.

Cat

PS Why are you so delicious???

OMG Cat, I feel exactly the same way. I miss eating salads as meals, etc.....
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
05-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
QuicksWife

Pretty much all veggies, some fruits, some coffee and fried food! I love fried food.....but I realize its time to cut back and get rid of all together!
Born with out Thyroid & deaf in left ear.
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
CLynn

LOL! I haven't given up chocolate or coffee yet, terrible I know, but I love them! I still try the salads, but like Cat, some days it goes ok, some days it's awful.
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
CLynn

I've been trying to break up with Crohn's for years, hasn't worked yet! LOL!
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
If you can figure out how to break up with Crohn's...please share your secret We might want to give it a try!!!!
05-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Dear Cake
You make my belly ache
Too much at stake
Hence the break
Goodbye
Grumbletum
And I need to sign the chocolate and coffee letters too :-( but I consider myself lucky as I can eat most fruit and veg :-)

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
05-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
woops!

LOL thanks, sometimes with this disease I have to find things to laugh about or I will cry. I do think that I may have to break up with red meat... to heavy on the belly, not worth it. Love your break up letters.

Woops!
05-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Woops we seem to have similar no-go foods! Red meat hurts me too, and pork. Are you OK with seafood and chicken?
05-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Yup, red meat's a no go for me too. Seafood & chicken seems to be alright though. Most fruit & veg are alright with me too
05-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
EthanPSU

My Support Groups:
Dear Buffalo Wings...

We know we should stop, we tell outselves it's dumb. The circle just restarts, and now it's back to square one. You said this was the last time...I don't know. You said that shit the last time....

I can't give them up, no matter how much it hurts...I will suffer just to be with them one more time...

You could think i'm talking about a girl...haha
05-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
CLynn

Dear Buffalo Wings...

We know we should stop, we tell outselves it's dumb. The circle just restarts, and now it's back to square one. You said this was the last time...I don't know. You said that shit the last time....

I can't give them up, no matter how much it hurts...I will suffer just to be with them one more time...

You could think i'm talking about a girl...haha
Exactly like me with mexican food!
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
outlier

My Support Groups:
i've been trying to break up with chocolate. Iam not doing well. We still see each other on humira night cause i need that bravery help. and every so often I can't resist. But we are no good for each other. it makes me so sad.
No more sulfasalazine, Methotrexate, Xibrom, Pred Forte and Iron
05-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I don't know about you guys, but even though I don't do well with regular chocolate. White chocolate is ok. Has anyone else tried this? I know it's not the same, but at least it could be a possibility...
05-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #17
woops!

Grumbeltum.

I do good with seafood. It is a bit expensive, but worth it. Sadley no sugar for me. Chicken is ok.... but... I realy can't do too much of it. I think it just sits a little heavier on my belly. At the min NOOOO veggies, but I have been able to juice carrots and apples. Wating for Humira to start....
08-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #18
bsv

Beef I miss you!!! sure my sister who has crohns is able to visit with you in burger form but she has more 'procedures' then I do.
but I would LOVE to taste your prime rib.

to hell with all the things I miss with food (since to many things): I would LOVE to go out to eat open a menu and just order based on taste not on what will cause me the least amount of pain.
I spend more time trying to figure out what to eat at a restaurant not just being able to enjoy it

I see how Doctor's expect us to eat more, give us tons of different drugs that can not be combined and need to be taken with food.
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #19
Beach bum

My Support Groups:
I have convinced my self that white choc is ok too, trouble is that just gives me a taste for the hard stuff,

Dear Dairy Milk Whole Nut Bar,
I need you so bad,
But I must be strong, never again will I take your delicious squares into my mouth and melt them lovingly on my tongue while watching hollyoakes,
its the milky bar kid for me now, but shhh don't tell him this.....he will never measure up.
Juicing every morning.
Taking vitamin D spray
Multi vits & iron
And Probio 7 probiotic.

Being given a "drugs rest" from Aza - 17/9/14
08-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
guitarjamie03

My Support Groups:
Dear Popcorn,

We were once the best of freinds. We used to share long movies together, but now your buttery goodness makes me sick. While your aroma is intoxicating at the theater or at home, I know that we can no longer be together or I will cramp. So we must part ways before I get damp. Thanks for all the good times together and who knows, maybe one day we can get back together...
08-20-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
michaelearnest

Has anyone tried eating their salad at the end of their meal instead of before? does that make a difference?

Michael Earnest - "Never Give Up on Your Gut"

Original DX - Crohns - 1987
Sulfa zine, Asacol, Pentassa, Remicade
Salofalk
Cal/Mag 125mg x2
Vit D 1000iu X 4
Ultram 50mg (As needed)
Resection Surgery - 2006
Currently on 50mg Imuran

Facebook Page - Kicking it for Crohns - Please go Like my page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kick-i...87635074683468

Email - [email protected] - Email me with any questions - 25 years experience!
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
bsv

Dear Popcorn,

We were once the best of freinds. We used to share long movies together, but now your buttery goodness makes me sick. While your aroma is intoxicating at the theater or at home, I know that we can no longer be together or I will cramp. So we must part ways before I get damp. Thanks for all the good times together and who knows, maybe one day we can get back together...
My sister, who also has CD, when goes to the movie with someone, eats one kernel of popcorn so she can still have some
08-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
Twiggy930
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks for these posts they made my son and I laugh.

Also taking: TuZen probiotic and following a low FODMAP diet (not very strictly).

Past Treatments: Prednisone, Flagyl, Cipro, Pentasa, exclusive EN via NG tube (6 weeks), Prevacid, Iberogast (20 drops twice a day) and high doses of vitamin B2.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Chocolate....the break up!