• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story 1

I had a endoscope done last June showing I had esphagitis due to Gerd Acid Reflux... Had caused ulcer and strictures in my esphogaus.. Looking to find others going through the same thing... Recently they found blood in my stools and believe that the ulcers either have gotten worse or is bleeding so wanting to do another endoscope... Please reply back if you are going through this also thank you

JDTM

OMG LDN BBQ
Hi LJW,

I didn't have ulcers in my esophagus, but my problems started with severe rolling stomach pains, and an upper endoscopy revealed gastritis and ulcers in my duodenum. My IBD diagnosis didn't come until much later, because I wasn't having lower GI issues (I thought) for quite a while, so that end wasn't checked out for a while. If you have blood in your stools, however, you should probably have a colonoscopy to figure out what's going on. (Not fun, I know, but it will be good to have some answers.) I wish you the best of luck, and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

You should be looked at by your GI to get an overall status as to whether or not your Crohn's is mild, moderate, or severe and then get a game plan going on as to how it will be treated: medication or IV infusion as an example. Once that's in place, it will take time for the treatment to kick in and once it does, you'll feel so much better.

Good luck to you. ~GW

I have GERD and my esophagus muscle is incompetent and ulcers in the stomach. But all of those didn't cause blood in my stool, it was my Crohn's. I don't think they should diagnose blood in the stool directly as stomach ulcer related without a colonoscopy. Good luck!

Marty : Quite frankly I don't believe its wise to leave Crohn's symptoms uncontrolled because its not only symptoms, they have a cause and if you ignored them there might be serious complications. It's like something I read online that comes to my mind now :" Only treating Crohn's symptoms, it's like your house on fire.you put it out, but leave the basement on fire and then go out for coffee."