Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Apologies if it's already posted

05-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
PaulPhoenix

Apologies if it's already posted

http://health.usnews.com/health-news...crohns-disease

Hmmm. In a dish not a body. But interesting, nonetheless!

p
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
kiny

What's hilarious is that splenda is found in diet cokes/ soda, and the other post right below this one suggests it might be saccharin, also found in diet cokes / soda.

What's more ridiculous is that I was drinking coke zero when reading this and spit it out.

Maybe we should do a poll, how many people here have drank diet soda?

What's great about this is that everyone can actually try this like the article suggests. Unlike a diet there should be no consequence to our bodies by taking out splenda and saccharin, it just means you have to check online or email the company and ask them if it's in there. I'll start by never touching coke zero again lol.
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
dare651

Thanks for the share but is this really true? Can anyone confirm this?
05-31-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
handle

It's yet another very misleading article. They are loosely insinuating that maltodextrin, rather than the aspartame or sucralose, in artificial sweeteners, might be a possible problem ingredient.
Maltodextrin is a natural source carbohydrate (consisting of glucose chains) that is easily digested and used in many things (including Ensure and other supplement drinks.) It is not considered a harmful ingredient in any sense, whereas the artificial sweeteners may be.
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
PaulPhoenix

I'm cutting it out anyway :-)

Last edited by PaulPhoenix; 05-31-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Tone
05-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
It's gonna be hard to confirm it but I did a quick research on sciences publications sites and I ran in it. It's been published by the American Gastroenterology Association so it's at the least a little serious. It's early to confirm anything about it I believe but what they say seems to make sense. Anyway, except for diabetics, I can't be harmful to cut maltodextrin of your diet.

IMO, we are far better off without modified food... My motto is if it grows that way it's OK, otherwise... I believe it can be harmful at some point. I have to say that I stay away from pretty much any type of "wanna be sugar", I've always thought they were suspicious.

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Apologies if it's already posted