• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alo

I'm new to the Crohn's Forum and would like to share my story. I've had Crohn's for 51yrs. now which started when I was 14yrs. old. At that time the local medical doctors in my area couldn't figure out my condition. After about a year I was taken to the Cleveland Clinic and there a gastroenterologist/surgeon finally diagnosed my condition as Crohn's Disease. By then I was in terrible shape weighing 90lbs. and compounded health issues as a result of the disease. I've had six surgeries from the Crohn's the last being in 1992 that resulted in having an ileostomy. I've been very fortunate in that I was able to work for 32yrs. while dealing with the effects of the disease and finally had to get a disablilty in 1998. I've been on many medications throughout the years and most recently my doctor put me on Cimzia. I've been using it for about 2yrs. now and in the past few months I've been experiencing respiratory issues. I was wondering if anybody in the forum is or has been on Cimzia and have experienced any respiratory problems.

Hi AlO

Welcome to the forum. You've been battling this disease for a long time! Like you, I also have an ileostomy. However, I haven't tried Cimzia as it's not available in Canada.

I would suggest that you wander over to the Treatment section of the forum. There, you'll find the Cimzia subforum---if there isn't a direct answer to your question already posted, then you can post your question there and may get a quicker response. I would also encourage you to check out the Stoma subforum---I'm sure you'll be able to provide lots of great advice there based on your experiences!

Cheers,

Kismet

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

I've never taken Cimzia but in the treatment section of the forum there's a subforum specifically for people who are taking it. Check it out here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87 or you can make a new thread in there asking about it of you don't find the information you're looking for.

Angrybird

I see you have already been advised on a helpful place to look for an answer to your query but I did just want to say 'hi' and :welcome: to the forum, I am glad you have decided to join.

AB
xx