• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need help

Hi i'm new to all this so i need some help. My 14 year old daughter was just diagnosed with undetermined colitis after being sick for a year (possibly chron's) her whole bowel was inflamed.She was put on predisone for a month and then sulfalazine 2 tablets twice a day. She was ok for a few weeks and now she has had diarrhea for the last week . She also has had the flu for a few days so i don't know if we should go back to the doctor or not before things get out of control again. I'm new to this so i dont know what to do. thanks

Welcome to a fellow Aussie! :)
We're approaching the winter flu season here, so a viral bug isn't out of the equation.. I'd go back to the GP - keep going with her prescribed meds, and keep the fluids up in the meanwhile!
Can't hurt.. It's always hard to unravel tummy bug diarrhoea from IBD symptoms

Astra

Hiya upsetmom
and welcome

I'm sure you're upset!
Go back to the doc, get all her bloods done too. a month on Pred probably wasn't long enough to blitz the inflammation.
We have a sub forum called parents with kids with IBD, lots of parents in there to advise, comfort and support you.
Lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Hi and welcome.
Oh, so sorry to here you daughter has this problem and at such a young age. Plus to have the flu on top of it. I can Only imagine you must have your hands full. I can only give advice to err on the side of caution. Can you perhaps call the nurse at the office and ask her advice. Since they would know her medical needs they will be able to give appropriated advice. They might say come in or stay home for now. At least the will be aware of whats going on. Plus it MIGHT give you a little peace of mind.

Sorry that's the best advice I could give.
Just to let you know we have a great parents forum here. Mom's and dad's going through the same hardships and even joys with kids with crohn's and UC. It's a great resource of knowledge and encouragement.

Again welcome,
Farmwife