• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Meet me!

i was nine when i was diegnost with chrons. when i turned 13 i had to have a emergency surgery on mt chrons because it got so bad! my doctors give me 3 to 6 years to live. im only 15. i dont wanna die! :eek2: :( i wanna have an family! and finish school i hate the hospital i was a impacent for 3 months. i need help please find a cure i wanna live!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Amy and welcome! Thanks for joining and sharing! :)

Hmmm, we're going to need more information if you were only given 3-6 years to live as 99.9% of the time in regards to Crohn's Disease, that would be a load of crap so I'm quite incredulous. What kind of surgery did you have? How are you doing now? What medications are you on?

I really think your doctor needlessly worried you but if you'd be willing to share more, that would be great. Crohn's Disease IS very serious but I'm curious how your doctor feels you're different from others.

Again, welcome!

Angrybird

Hello Amy and welcome to the forum. I must admit I am quite curious too, whilst crohns is a nasty disease to have this is the first that I personally have EVER heard of a doc saying they can say say what your life expectancy is going to be with it. Would you mind telling us a bit more about yourself?

Glad you have decided to come and join us hun.

AB
xx

i need to have my colon removed when i turn 18. i am on remacaid every 6 weeks i am also on 6mp 4 times a day. im not doing so well i have 3 fistulas and a colon ostomy.

David

Co-Founder
I'm sorry to hear that Amy :( But that shouldn't give you only 3-6 years to live. Plenty here have had the same issues are are still going strong long after the 6 year mark.

How long have you been on the Remicade and 6-MP?

Have they tried putting you on enteral nutrition as well?

[SPECIAL][/SPECIAL]Amy Darling, I've had crohns since childhood, an ileostomy since I was 17. I'm 51 now. Although I've had rough bouts and several surgeries I'm still living a full life!! Happy to say I have 4 children and 13 grandchildren. You need to make it your goal to learn everything you can about your health. I became a nurse!! Take good care of yourself. Always get more than one opinion. Trust God.:ghug:

:hug: Hi, Amy!

I have a daughter with Ulcerative Colitis, I have Crohn's, my nephews have Crohn's, one since he was 13, and several other family members have various intestinal problems. None of us has passed on so take heart! When you need to vent just come here. We're here to encourage you! Plus, you'll find some wonderful advice.

Hang in there little one.

Amy! Honey! Do not listen to that silly doctor. You are going to live for a long long time and have a wonderful life.