• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Help?!

Hi all,

I came across this forum as I was looking for an answer to my problem.. Maybe you could help me based on my symptoms..

I am 30 years old and 7 years ago they told me I had IBS.. one and a half year ago I had to migrate from Greece to Australia.. A lot of stress there.. Anyway after a trip in Thailand I developed severe abdominal pain and diarhhea.. The doc gave antibiotics and I was ok after that.. Then a few months after it started again.. alternating with constipation and watery diarrhea.. Also I have pain below my right rib cage and some times its so severe I can't take a breath for 2 minutes.. This is ongoing now..Ultrasound found only a fatty liver..

Today my symptoms are:
1. alternating diarrhea with constipation
2. Abdominal pain, sometimes when its watery diarrhea I can hear the movements and the pain is almost unbearable..
3. Every morning I have acid in my throat and my stomach is feeling like a pump.. bringing things up.. I feel the need to eat something at this stage..I have a metallic taste in my mouth and my throat is very dry..
4. itchy anal, and i noticed some things there bursting mucus and a little blood every here and then..
5. some times in the morning i will notice a liquid discharge from my anus, not blood just mucus..
6. Lately I have nausea and my head feels heavy at the back.
7. Lower back pain at the sides.. Where the kidneys are but lower..

The GP refereed me for a gastrocopy and colonoscopy..

What do you think it is?

David

Co-Founder
Hi abakalou and welcome! I'm glad you joined though I'm sorry to hear of all the trouble you've been experiencing :(

While your symptoms could certainly coincide with inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn's Disease, there are other potential causes as well. The good news is your GP has you on the right track. A gastrocopy and colonoscopy are a logical next step and will hopefully get you a proper diagnosis. When are they scheduled for?

What symptoms did you have when they said you had IBS?

We have an undiagnosed club you may want to check out as well.

Again, welcome! :)

Your Dr probably tested you for parasites? They are hard to treat but with your traveling it could be a problem. IBD is also a possibility.

I hope y0ou have an answer very soon.

Lauren

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, sorry that you are not doing so well at the moment. Your doc has definetly started you on the right track to hopefully getting a diagnosis, have they done any bloods at all yet and if so what ones did they do and what were the results?

Hope you can be feeling better soon.

AB
xx

First of all thank you all for your time.. I will see a GI this Thursday to discuss my appointment for the 2 procedures.. I am between of having crohns disease and bowel cancer.. I also have itching feeling around the anus, sometimes mucus discharge and my eyes are inflamed. I find it difficult when I cry as they really really burn..

But I don't understand how my stomach and the acid is connected with Crohn's.. If my upper system is also affected from that then maybe i am in deep trouble.. I don't know really..

No blood tests or parasite tests until now..
When I had IBS I had minor pain and gas when I was stressed or after eating some foods..

Now its a different feeling..

Some of the Medicare doc's here in Australia are pretty quick with their consultations.. It sounds very logic to me, a stool test.. I will discuss it with the GI doctor..

Thanks