• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What happens next?

consultant thinks its crohns and has book blood tests, CT, and colonoscopy. Can anyone tell me what will happen if they find something how exactly do you get diagnosed?

The usually will notice anything during a colonoscopy, and if something is discovered they will start you on a medicin treatment depending on how bad it is. If it's not as severe then a smaller method of attack will be taken, if it's bad then a higher one. It all depends.

Usually diagnosis of Crohn's is based over your physical symptoms ( bloody stool , diarrhea , nausea , vomiting , weight loss , lower abdominal pain... Symptoms can vary for everyone) , blood tests (inflammation markers,CBC) , ct scan and colonoscopy for biopsies and images. If they found something they will assess the intensity of the inflammation and how much of the colon is inflamed , your current overall health and start to prescribe you medicine accordingly.

Medicines for Crohn's are many and you might want to look into your diet as well as it affects Crohn's greatly. The doctor job would be to induce remission and to lessen your symptoms. There's an undiagnosed subforum in the support section where you will find others in similar situation. Good luck and keep us posted.

For me, they did biopsy's of the ulcers in my colon, along with a blood test to check for inflammation. Then they did a Prometheus test (sp) that shows how bad your Crohn's is. For me, the markers came back at 80% that the Crohn's would get worse. That's when my doc put me on Humira.

I'm sure there were more tests, but I was so sick at the time I don't remember them.:rosette1: