Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Tooth paste, aluminium oxide and Crohn's Disease.

10-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
Gianni

My Support Groups:
eeek^ thanks david

JUICING! click here!
10-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #32
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks kiny many things to ponder.
Just harder to factor in when my son was only seven at dx and even younger at the first signs of the disease .
I could even see a teenager from a touth paste stand point .
Again lots to ponder
Thanks
01-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #33
kiny

they removed some PDF, I'm just posting this so it's saved

I should save some old articles from BMJ too, not sure how easy they will be to find a in the future, it is a real pain to find some

01-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #34
rollinstone

Kiny, wondering what your thoughts are in cd without granuloma formation, do you think it could still be map or e coli?
01-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #35
kiny

AIEC causes granuloma, that is where you can actually isolate the bacteria, in the inflamed lesion. Granuloma are almost all macrophages with a few exceptions. AIEC resides in the macrophages, so it is not surprising you find them there.

Mycobacteria, yes they cause granuloma, MAP too.

Can't answer your question, I don't know. I think not every crohn's disease diagnosis is the same. Granuloma or not is a big difference. Granuloma are "typical" crohn's disease, easy to spot, easy to take biopsy.

Some people go into remission and get completely clear scopes, the granuloma can "disappear"...when the immune response is less active, T cell activate less macrophages, and there's no granuloma. It's possible that someone has an these bacteria and they are dorment, if they do, I don't know.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Tooth paste, aluminium oxide and Crohn's Disease.