• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Can u tell when a flare is about to start?

Newly dx with UC and was wondering if anyone can tell right before they are about to have a flare up?

Also ...need in put...I woke up with left pain (from under rib to pelvis) and back pain (as if it raps around). Lots of nausea and dizziness. Is this the start of a flare or something else (like kidney stone? Never had one but my father gets them all the time)

Sorry...feels like I'm always posting something on here...getting to know my "new" self is hard. Sigh :confused::worthy::frown:

I think it depends on the person, I can normally tell if I have cramps and excess gas, followed by blood in the toilet

Like seaface said, everybody is different. I would have a lot of gas that had a particular stinky smell to it, and within a week I would see blood. The gas was always my alert.