Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » Can u tell when a flare is about to start?

06-07-2012, 02:42 AM   #1
Fosterfamily2303

My Support Groups:
Can u tell when a flare is about to start?

Newly dx with UC and was wondering if anyone can tell right before they are about to have a flare up?

Also ...need in put...I woke up with left pain (from under rib to pelvis) and back pain (as if it raps around). Lots of nausea and dizziness. Is this the start of a flare or something else (like kidney stone? Never had one but my father gets them all the time)

Sorry...feels like I'm always posting something on here...getting to know my "new" self is hard. Sigh
06-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
seaface

I think it depends on the person, I can normally tell if I have cramps and excess gas, followed by blood in the toilet
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
Like seaface said, everybody is different. I would have a lot of gas that had a particular stinky smell to it, and within a week I would see blood. The gas was always my alert.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation

Crohn's Disease Forum » Ulcerative Colitis Forum » Can u tell when a flare is about to start?