Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Did your Crohn's come back stronger if you stopped Inliximab or Humira.

View Poll Results: Are your symptoms worse after stopping with Humira / Remicade than before you began?
Yes my crohn now comes back stronger. 3 75.00%
My crohn is now milder or nothing changed. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

06-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
kiny

Did your Crohn's come back stronger if you stopped Inliximab or Humira.

There are some people who theorise that crohn worsens if one is on long term TNF-alpha blockers the moment you go off them since surpressing the immune system stops the inflammation but the moment you go off them your body is low on defenses, on the other hand there is evidence that Infliximab (remicade) is able to kill off bacteria since TNF-alpha for some reason is beneficial instead of harmful to some bacteria.

Read the poll carefully please. I'm not asking if your crohn is worse with Humira or remicade, I'm asking if crohn now seems to come back much stronger than before you were on them now that you went off them.

My poll:

If you are a person who stopped with Infliximab or Humira, is your crohn actually worse than it was before the weeks or months you started taking the medication now that you're off them?

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Did your Crohn's come back stronger if you stopped Inliximab or Humira.