• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Denial Denial Denial

Okay so I've been complaining about my recent flare due to stress. I had been doing really well on the Humira, but I am afraid that I can't get this under control. All I am able to eat is soup. I'm in the bathroom constantly. My son was sharing and gave me a grape and like an idiot I ate it well I had alot of pain and couldn't even stand up. I was able to pass the grape but I am just feeling awful. My wonderful wonderful husband says I know you don't want my opinion but I think it's time to call the doctor. I secretly agree with him but when I call my doctor he doesn't even see me he says if you're calling then your really bad and he admits me to the hospital from home. I just have alot going on right now and I know that I need to get taken care of before it gets any worse. I have had acute kidney failure from the Crohns but I want to try to get it better on my own what to do what to do. I also promised my kids that we would go to hersheypark they have really been bugging lately. I guess maybe I'll call the doctor and agree to only outpatient treatment. I guess I need a break or should I say something other then a bathroom break.

I

Isla

I have to agree with your husband, you need to be seen even if that means in the hospital / ER. Maybe you could ask for same day outpatient tests like CT Scan, X-Rays, or MRI's and ask him to look at the results before admitting you. But my guess with what little I have gathered from your posts your condition is nothing to take lightly.

I know that I should be seen and my Crohns is pretty severe and has always been. It's just a little frustrating you follow the rules and when something starts to work bam there it goes. I have had this wonderful disease for so long and I am just tired, tired of being sick and tired. I try to be so brave infront of my family and act like nothing really bothers me, but my 3 year old asked me the other day why I was sick and I said I have Crohns disease and he said did you cry when you found out you had a disease and I said no. He said if you want to cry now it's okay and gave me a hug. I'm going to get through this not for myself but for them, I need to be okay for them but having your mommy in the hospital can be really scary and well I'm just making excuses maybe I'm afraid that I have to have surgery. To be honest I'm terrified that I could end up with an ostomy. Ugh

This forum is like having Jiminy Cricket on your shoulder as your conscience.

Last edited:
So I called the doctor today and like I said he would try to admit me. We agreed that I would have blood drawn today and then tomorrow would go to the hospital to have a pic line put in, then I can be treated from home (only because my sister is a nurse) I have to go in every evening for a few days for IV meds (yes prednisone) but he thinks that I should hopefully bounce back quick this time. I assured him that my stress level has returned to normal. So I am really happy right now basically that I got my own way but happy none the less.

I

Isla

Ya I am glad to hear that you didn't have to be kept in the hospital. But a PIC line, how awful for you. But you should be so proud that you have such a bright and intelligent kid - so caring and thoughtful of others, especially for a 3 year old.

I just can't imagine having to go through what you are going through. You seem pretty "tough" still in these posts and seem a lot braver than I would be!

Keep us updated.

I have to say my 3 year old is REALLY smart he was talking long before he turned one but he is so considerate of everyone's feelings. My father-in-law always jokes that he has an old soul. He said that he feels like he's talking to an eighty year old man whenever he talks to him. My kids make me so happy I just can't say enough about them and yes I'll keep you posted about my wonderful PIC experience.

So It's been about five days and I am starting to feel okay, finally. I ate solid food today so that was a good sign, I guess the game plan is to continue with the treatment for about two more days and then a few days of oral pred my favorite and if all goes well then we'll do a barium study, I think, to see how things look. So things are finally looking up I just hope this good luck continues.

I

Isla

What are looking for on the barium swallow? In any case being able to eat is a good sign!

They are looking to see if the narrowing is any worse since my last test. Hopefully it won't be.

Last edited:
I just looked at my previous post and I had said that I hope the narrowing is worse. That is not what I wanted to say so I fixed it. Anyway I am on a low dose of prednisone for a few weeks and then the middle of September I will have the barium study Oh I can't wait. Just kidding. I have to say that I am feeling much much better almost back to my old self. I was even able to go for a long walk with the kids with no sudden diarrhea. Very exciting. I'm just glad that everything is heading in the right direction.

Glad to hear this is working for you.
I have three little ones and am new to humira(may'08). It worked well at first but now in the potty a lot.
What is the other intro treatment you are gettting?

I was just getting prednisone and antibiotics through PIC I had the PIC incase it the meds didn't help then I would be given nutrition through the PIC but I am having the PIC pulled today because I'm feeling really good. I have been on Humira for awhile now and I really like it, I just hope that it continues to work. I am also from PA

I

Isla

Well that is fantastic that you are feeling better. Long walk with the kids - ya I like walking in the huge cemetery at the end of our street. It's beautiful there, but my daughter thinks it is too much walking and we only walk through half of it!

Funny we also have a cemetary that we walk in sometimes, but its right behind our house. So we have very quiet neighbors. It is really peaceful but if it was up to the kids we would walk all day I'm not quite up to that yet but we're getting there.

I also promised my kids that we would go to hersheypark they have really been bugging lately.
Knoebel's amusement Park has no admission fee and plenty of shade and benches and need I say it lots of pottys!!!!lol It's not a far drive and very family friendly.
Hope it is something you can take your kids.

Hersheypark is really close to us about 20 minutes tops We are actually going on 9/6 with my husbands work. I'm starting to look forward to it because I am feeling so much better now. I have been to Knoebel's but its been awhile. The kids are always up for anything. We went to Sesame place this year and they loved it.

We must be fairly close...I'm in Schuylkill County. We just moved from Lebanon Area this year.
Hope you and your family have fun this weekend.
HAPPY LABOR DAY:smile:

ladyB said:
We must be fairly close...I'm in Schuylkill County. We just moved from Lebanon Area this year.
Hope you and your family have fun this weekend.
HAPPY LABOR DAY:smile:

Are you originally from Lebanon? I actually went to Lebanon High and my husband Cedar Crest. Funny I went on this site to get info and to chat with people with Crohns and then you find someone who lives basically in the same area.

I

Isla

Ya that is what happened with me and Benson, we only live an hour away from each other!

I

Isla

Hehehe, Benson is a good guy but not really my type :) He might be really offended after I say this but, I think muscles on guys is ugly and very very unappealing. I like squishy nerdy geeks. Bodybuilders would probably be the last on the list of guys I would be attracted to :ylol2:

mommy1st said:
Are you originally from Lebanon? I actually went to Lebanon High and my husband Cedar Crest. Funny I went on this site to get info and to chat with people with Crohns and then you find someone who lives basically in the same area.
Sorry, originally from Hamburg area.
Who am I kidding...We've lived in the tri-county area all over.
I was home-schooled, went to a private school in Hamburg, and went to Blue Mountain.
Although we lived in Newmanstown for the past five years.
We still aren't far, I'm in Pottsville area.