Share Facebook

06-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
outlier

My Support Groups:
Psoriasis

for those people with psoriasis, how did it start?

3 weeks ago had a case and it was treated.it was a small dry patch that turned into a large red rash.

then last night my entire right side of my chest and abdomen was pealing like a sun burn. I scrubbed the area and moisturized and it is slightly better this morning but it's scarring me. i am on humira and worried that it is failing.
No more sulfasalazine, Methotrexate, Xibrom, Pred Forte and Iron
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
CLynn

Outlier, I had my first bout of psoriasis when I was about 17. Got rid of it that summer with a sun tan, lol! Started as dry patches on my knees and thighs. It stayed gone for 13 years, then came back. My has stayed knees and elbows, mostly, yours sounds a bit worse right now. Right now between the Azathioprine and the vitamin D3 I am taking, mine is almost gone. Might ask your GI about it....
Surgeries: re-section 2004
Currently taking: B-12 injections every 2 weeks, multi vitamin/mineral, fish oil (1000 mg), D3 (5000 mg)

Also lucky enough to have psoriasis as well.
06-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Jessi

My Support Groups:
Mine started when I was 17, too. I was a photographer, and worked with chemicals in the dark room, so I blamed my new skin problems on that. I only had it on my hands at the time. It gradually spread over the years of flare-ups to elbows, scalp, and feet mostly.

I've been on Remicade for about a year now and haven't had psoriasis problems until recently. It's now on my eyelids, in my ears, and in my nostrils. Weird. With only a little help from betamethasone dipropionate lotion and desonide cream, it clears right up.

Maybe you just need to supplement a little. Don't quit the Humira just yet. Make an appointment with your dermatologist and let him know about the Humira.

Good luck.

Dx'd with Psoriasis in 1993
Dx'd with Psoriatic Arthritis in 2004
Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis on May 18, 2011

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain." ~Anon.