Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » SPF included in moisterizer

06-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
SPF included in moisterizer

I am recently on methotrxate and was warned about the sun sensitivity. I found a moisterizer with SPF 15 in it so I only need to put one kind of lotion on. Its a Vseline brand with aloe and SPF - its in a green bottle. I've used a couple of days now and I like it as it is not greasy like sunscreen can be. Its also just one step instead of lotion and then sunscreen.

Just thought I'd share. Not sure if anyone else had seen it yet.
06-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

SPF 15 is very low. Better off having one with SPF 80 or higher if you can find it.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
06-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
kllyeve

My Support Groups:
Yup, if I am going out in the sun for a long time, I would put on a higher amount - but I am finding I get a little pink just from doing errands and such so I just wanted a little something to take the edge off of that.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Methotrexate » SPF included in moisterizer