Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Low Dose Naltrexone » How long does it take for LDN to reduce pain?

06-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
ny_sooner

How long does it take for LDN to reduce pain?

My wife was diagnosed in Jan with severe CD in the illium after having pain for two months. She has no D, just the pain. She has been on predisone and 1000mg pentassa 3xday, but every time she tappers the predisone to 10mg the pain returns and then she has to go back up to 15mg and start again. She is also following the SCD diet since Jan 100% without cheating. We have a appoitment with a wellness clinc in Mass. that will prescribe her LDN. My question is how long will it take for LDN to reduce the inflammation? Will she notice a decrease in pain after being LDN? Can you take LDN with predisone?
06-17-2012, 01:46 AM   #2
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Hi ny_sooner,
My daughter is on LDN. We initiated it while weaning off entocort another steroid drug. I would have her start the LDN and then slowly wean off the prednisons. By the time she is off the prednisone the LDN should have kicked in. That is how it worked for my daughter. I have heard of it taking longer in some people but everyone is different and you just have to see how it goes.

Crohn's Dx'ed Sept 08
Allerg Imuran Sept 08
Fail Remicade Jan 09
Methotrex Oct 09-Aug 11
Pentasa stopped - nosebleeds
EENOct 31 - Nov 28th. Too hard!
Retried Remicade Dec 11
Stopped due 2 Anaphylactic Reaction
LDN Jan 2012-June 2014 Got My daughter back!
New secondary diagnosis: Gastroporesis Dec 2013
Lost remission June 2014
Started Entyvio April 2015. Decreased to every 4 weeks October 2015. Praying for remission.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Low Dose Naltrexone » How long does it take for LDN to reduce pain?