Share Facebook

06-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
dahlfacepoet
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Scary new symptoms

Last night I noticed some eye pain and blurred vision in my right eye. This happened about 5 years before and I was dxed with retrobulbar optic neuritis. this time the blurred vision is not as noticeable as last time. So I can't really tell. Maybe I'm being super weary since I know it's happened before. I'm not sure what to do.

Today, I felt a tremor in my legs. It has gotten a bit better than when it was first happening, but my legs feel very shaky when I stand. It goes away, for the most part, when I start walking, but then it gets worse when I start to sit down. And now my feet feel like pins and needles.

I've been planning to set up an appointment with my GI, hoping he can refer me to a neuro, but these symptoms are scary. Should I call my eye doctor or wait and see if it gets worse, I mean I'd hate to show up on an emergency basis and they find nothing or tell me it's just allergies. At what point do you call your doctor regarding new symptoms?
06-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I call my doctor the second new symptoms pop up. There's no harm in at least informing them. An informed doctor makes better decisions for their patient.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
06-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
skippy111

Yeah, I agree with Crabby,
A phone call to the DR leaving word of the change in symptoms is never a bad thing. Better to be safe than sorry, I wouldn't call the eye Dr as this is most likely related to your GI Issues, your GI DR may or may not tell you to call the eye Dr, but it is best to inform your GI DR first.

Crohn's /Anemia DX in 1991
Aspbergers/Depression/ADHD DX 2001

Past meds for crohn's
Prednisone/Azulfadine

Recent Meds While in Hosp for Crohn's/Depression
Flagyl/Cypro,Zofran Protonix, Prednisone, Lovenox
Celexa,Kolonopin, Ritalin
Current meds:
Prednisone,Celexa,Adderall,Kolonopin,Percocet
06-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
skippy111

Dahlface,

Chron's Disease can cause inflamation in the eye
http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Crohn%27s_disease
Crohn's disease can also cause complications outside of the gastrointestinal tract such as skin rashes, arthritis, and inflammation of the eye.
http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Uveitis
06-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
dahlfacepoet
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hey all, I will give the GI a call, thanks.