Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Do you have a patch of white hair?

View Poll Results: Do you have a patch of white hair?
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

06-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
shmo

Do you have a patch of white hair?

I know I'm not the only one with Crohn's with it. Curious as to the ratio.

Also, if you answered yes, can you post when you were diagnosed with Crohn's? (Or figured you had it) I wonder if there is a correlation between whether you have the patch and how old you were when you developed Crohn's.

Thanks!
06-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
KWalker

Wow this is weird. I have dark(ish) brown with a tint of orange hair and especially when its short enough you can see a blonde spot on the top, back corner. I was diagnosed at just 2 years old but I've always thought it was some sort of birth mark. Its really noticeable though. People think I spilled something in my hair. Its like a cheetah spot lol

What do you think it could caused by?

Previous Meds:
Prednisone
Remicade
Humira
Methotrexate (oral)
Methotrexate (injections)
Cipro
Flagyl

Current Treatment:
200mg Simponi, Psyllium
06-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
orangeleprechaun28

I don't think you're going to consider it related for what you're talking about(I voted no), but I have noticed that some of my hair is going grey/white despite being 28 years old. I'm quite sure this is crohns related because I noticed this back in October and I've been having crohns issues since September/October and flaring (first flare) since February. I'm hoping it'll change back though now that I'm on meds.
06-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #4
KWalker

Yeah I've never looked at mine as crohns related. Because I can't find any other birth marks I always just consider that blonde patch the birth mark. I'm definately not going grey yet! Lol
06-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
shmo

I don't know so much about it being related directly to Crohn's, but maybe the body being put under stress at a young age. I remember back when I was at Children's Hospital, the doctors said that they had seen quite a few kids with Crohn's with a patch of white hair. Later in life when I went to a Crohn's fundraiser, sure enough a few of us had it.

Then again, could all just be a coincidence
06-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Johnnysmom
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My daughter has one but my son is the one with crohns. I have been worried about her though. Some tummy aches and joint pains. She is seven.
6mp 50mg every day
Allopurinol 50mg -discontinued per new G.I. on 11/01/12
Multi Vitamin
Vitamin D3 1000mg
Prayer
06-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I had a white patch in my dark hair back when I was only in my late 20s. 48 now and I have a lot more grey and white hair than dark hair.The white spot just grew and grew over time.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin

Last edited by DougUte; 11-06-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Do you have a patch of white hair?