Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Milk(or should I say milk fat) is once again targeted

06-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
Milk(or should I say milk fat) is once again targeted

Mouse Study Suggests Certain Fats Could Trigger Crohn's, Colitis

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/n...ry_126234.html

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)
06-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
EthanPSU

My Support Groups:
Of course another thing that I drink / use everyday could trigger crohn's
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Keepingfaith

I'm lactose intolerant so I drink a lot of gluten free, soy free, lactose free(pretty much 'everything' free)Almond milk. It honestly isn't that bad & tastes better than regular milk.

Gee. It seems like everything either 'causes' or 'triggers' Crohn's flares.
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Dr.Who

yeah, milk and i have a difficult relationship.

yogurt too.

though cheese and butter go down nicely.

((gi told me i might be intolerant to lactose, but even the locatose free milk doesnt agree with me. so your article makes sense, citing the FAT in milk as the culprit))

doc out!
88 mph

Last edited by Dr.Who; 06-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.
06-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
nikimazur

My Support Groups:
As a kid, the only type of dairy that I consumed was rice milk and rice products... my little brother is/was deathly allergic to cows milk, as well as any soy products. I never had cows milk until college, yet I have had stomach issues my whole life. Surprisingly though I can tolerate cows milk fine, and drink it by the gallons. When I first started having some stomach issues my doc thought it was a lactose/haltose/fructose intolerancy, yet even with removing the milk and those products from my diet, I still had problems and well Crohns undiagnosed at the time.

Crohn's, Traumatic Brain Injury, Autoimmune Hepatitis (May 2014)

Current meds:Bactrim DS, Azathioprine, Entyvio, levbid
Past meds: Pentasa, Lialda, Prednisone, Entocort, Asacol HD, Prilosec, Lomotil, Lotronex, Nexium, Myfortic, Humira

http://lifeinthetimeofuncertainty.blogspot.com
06-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
Dr.Who

As a kid, the only type of dairy that I consumed was rice milk and rice products... my little brother is/was deathly allergic to cows milk, as well as any soy products. I never had cows milk until college, yet I have had stomach issues my whole life. Surprisingly though I can tolerate cows milk fine, and drink it by the gallons. When I first started having some stomach issues my doc thought it was a lactose/haltose/fructose intolerancy, yet even with removing the milk and those products from my diet, I still had problems and well Crohns undiagnosed at the time.

i think the articles point was, saturated fats may trigger inflammation in people who are genetically predisposed.. to crohns or what have you.

so even if you avoid diary , saturated fats are found in tons of processed foods.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Books, Multimedia, Research & News » Milk(or should I say milk fat) is once again targeted