• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Green Stool

I

Isla

I remember seeing several threads / people ask about the color of their stools. I found a nifty web page that lists the different colors stools can be and their possible causes:

Stool Color: When to worry

Odd. I didn't realize my white stools were an indication of bile duct problems. I guess that's something to talk about when I get a GI. A GI's kind of a pandora's box though. I have to worry about getting pestered to do tons of expensive tests I couldn't even afford on an income based sliding scale price.

I

Isla

That was the originating search for me, was white stools. They aren't completely white yet and it very well might explain why my nausea is out of control. I will keep a close eye and see if they continue to get whiter - if they do I will be calling my GI pronto.

I

Isla

Ya I went to my GI Thursday, I have an Upper Endoscopy on Friday. He prescribed me Zofran but my Medicaid only will cover 15 pills a month (he prescribed 60 a month) but I am trying to get approved for more (it helps some but not all of it.) If the scope is negative, he wants to do a brain scan, and then who knows after that. I may, mention my white streaked stool to him as well if these last two weren't flukes or something.

It's curious that they label only 1 color of stool to be foul smelling. I've smelled all the others. I disagree.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Isla,

I still have ongoing nausea and my stools are "normal" colour now.. I asked my gastro cons about this as I keep trying to stop my anti sickness tablets and within a few days am running to throw up again spontaneously. He said sometimes they never find a cause and its just a case of managing it - oh joy lol

Benson,

You really make me laugh! Love the thought processes on that last comment ;-)

I

Isla

You caught me, I have been eating Garden Hyacinth in order to cause the symptoms of Crohns. I just wanted so bad to have the disease that I was willing to stop at nothing to be diagnosed with it.

I am so ashamed!!!!!! Hehehehe, giggle.

Soupy - I am more concerned on the right treatment for my nausea. 1) Not sure my insurance will cover long term / lifetime supplies on Zofran without a clear medical cause and 2) My doctor is likely to attribute my nausea to stress and anxiety without him seeing a cause hence not treating the symptoms but telling me to reduce my stress.

I really don't want to lose my meds for it.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Yes Isla I can completely see where you are coming from. All any of us ever wants is the correct diagnosis and treatment for it no matter what the problem. Unfortunately it doesnt always work that way in medicine as you know yourself.

The harder aspect of meds and insurance yet again rears its ugly head and I just think its so unfair that folk are held to ransom over their health!!! GRRRRRR

I really hope you get the answers you deserve and some relief soon on a permanent basis.

funny they actually have like bws1982 stated only one type of foul-smelling stool.....so why do I have a pile of matches next to the john to cover the so wonderful scent as they stated?

Pen Matches work wonders, don't they!!!

Lately though I had in one weekend every color on the scale, plus a few I didn't want to have, blood and puss...yucky!

anyway, I have learned that anything outside your normal, should be noted and consulted, changes with this disease allthough slight, can me huge indicators, especially if you feel bad at the same time!

Doc I didn't know when you eat frogs your stool is green!