Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. David Gremse of Mobile, Alabama

Old 06-26-2012, 11:38 PM
NameDr. David Gremse
AddressMobile, Alabama, 36604
 United States
WebsiteUnknown
Phone(251) 405-5147
BioAfter leading the pediatrics department at the University of Nevada School of Medicine in Las Vegas for eight years, Dr. David Gremse has been appointed professor and chairman of pediatrics at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine
 View Directory Entry
06-26-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Keepingfaith

My Gastroenterologist is associated with Children's Hospital of Alabama & Dr. Gremse is not my primary GI, but he is a local Pediatric Gastroenterologist that I have consulted with when needing immediate medical attention & can not travel to my GI. I have seen Dr. Gremse on multiple occasions from when I was a toddler to now, as a teenager.

He is very knowledgeable, compassionate & really does try to help children, despite their medical condition, have a better quality of life. He has days where he also sees children in clinic. He recognizes that diet plays a role in treatment of this disease, monitors vitamin/mineral levels, and encourages supplements to be used when needed. He asks the patient how they feel & thoroughly explains the exact cause of why the patient is feeling the symptoms they are feeling. I know if I am in excrutiating pain at 3 AM, he will admitt me to sort out my flare. When he is the on call GI, he does not leave the hospital. He stays at the hospital during all hours he is on duty. He is actively involved in the CCFA as well. He is up to date on all the research of Crohn's Disease. He truely is the definition of educator, researcher & clinician.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
5 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility
Entyvio
Prilosec
Protonix
Seasonique
Noritriptyline
Steroid suppositories
Canasa suppositories

Diet: Feeding via J-tube

DX: Crohn's Disease, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis, Gastroparesis

Previous Medications:
Remicade- Drug Induced Lupus, Humira, Prednisone,
Entocort, 6MP, Methorexate, Amitriptyline, Asacol, Flagyl, Apriso, Cimzia, Cipro, Sulfasalazine etc. You name it, I've tried it.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. David Gremse of Mobile, Alabama