• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting classes

I write this morning scared out of my mind, almost tearful and super excited. I'm in my new apartment away from home and starting my grad school classes today. It feels great to be in this beautiful place and cool area, but I don't have my parents to baby me and take care of me. Sometimes I hate that but sometimes its comforting when suffering. My main concern starting the semester is not the big D, or serious cramping. Although I hope to God that doesn't happen either. My main concern is serious fatigue. I really hope I have the energy and willpower to go through with all of this. Lots of walking, lots of heat, and I just try not to collapse on the subway. As always if anyone knows any quick energy boosting techniques please share! Wish me luck, and thanks for such a loving and supporting environment here on this forum.

Thank you Pen, yeah I am 23. I def agree with you on water it is so vital to keeping us refreshed and awake. I am studying non profit management, in my attempt to be broke for life and save the world hehe ;)

What's immodium? I try to stay away from super caffeine drinks like red bull (eek) but I like the green drink I posted about and Steaz which is natural caffeine, I know caffeine aint great but if I dont have it sometimes I think im gonna die.

Good luck with your classes!

I don't have much advice for the fatigue issue, though. All I can say is make sure you get enough sleep (yeah right) and eat breakfast. I wish I could be more useful! Pen's suggestion about water is spot on. If you get dehydrated, the fatigue will get worse.

soupdragon69

ele mental leprechaun
Thats great news Hippie. Its an exciting time for you. Wish you well in your studies and hope your guts behave too! Enjoy your new abode.

Energy

I like a product of Matol for energy called KM.
All natural-no caffiene. It works great, but make sure you don't take it too ate as it tends to keep me up...no one else here, just me ...oh lucky me..