• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Forum..not new to Crohn's

Hello to all, well my title says it all, I'm new to the forum...but, unfortunately not new to the Dx of Crohn's. I was Dx in 2005 and since then have undergone 11 surgeries for complications of perianal abcesses and fistulating Crohn's Disease. I've tried I think every med on the block and finally have been somewhat under control with Remicade Infusions every 8 weeks. About 3 years ago I was what most call in "remission" for a while until I started the Registered Nursing Program in 2011 which caused me to come out of remission due to the high level of stress. It has been difficult to complete this program with my illness and instability from one day to the next, but I keep fighting to prove to myself that I can do it. I truly feel from my own experiences with this illness that stress is a major factor in future "flare-up's." I'm glad to say I have only 4 months left of the R.N. program and will graduate in Nov, so since I'm on the downslide I now feel less stressed, which is good. As I mentioned before I've undergone may surgeries and have taken various meds, so if anybody has any questions about anything or is new to the Dx please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to give you some of my feedback. Remember the mind is a very powerful tool and being mentally healthy is almost as important if not more important than all the rest, because everything starts with a thought. We need to keep positive things, people, and thoughts in our minds and block negativity, stress, and anxiety if all possible to see any improvements in our overall condition. :heart:

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum latinchaha!

I am sorry to hear you had had such a challenging time with Crohn's since being diagnosed :(. I am glad that things are getting less stressful (congrats on almost completing the program!) and that things are mostly under control now.

Thank you for offering your expertise to the forum members! It sounds that based on your experiences you will be able to be very helpful to the less experienced members here.

Hope to see you around soon!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome! Thanks for joining and sharing your story! And congratulations on getting so far with the RN program. That's exciting and you must be so proud of yourself :)

I hope you continue to visit us as I have no doubt you have much to offer here and might be able to learn a thing or two as well.

All my best to you!

Trysha

Staff member
Hello Latinchacha
Congratulations on your achievements.
It will be a great and maybe emotional day when you graduate.
It is good of you to share your experiences and I am looking forward to your future posts.
I will be interested with your further experiences with Remicade which I will be starting to receive in about a month's time, with some trepidation.
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha

Thanks to all who replied to my post...your support is greatly appreciated and heart felt <3 I am hear for all of you in our times of struggle and success and am open to answer any questions or concerns you may have or come across. Thanks again for the warm welcome!!!