• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Just saying Hi!

I've been reading this forum for awhile and have found it helpful so thought I should do the whole formal introduction thing.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's of my terminal ileum in 2007 after about 6 months of atypical symptoms (fevers, night sweats, weight loss, nausea; but not a lot of diarrhea). It was actually kind of relief to know what was going on. Plus, seeing as my small bowel follow through looked more like lymphoma, was quite relived to not have cancer! It took awhile to initially get control, partially as I was not a good advocate for myself, and after not responding to pred, got admitted for a week and started on Remicade.

I've been in remission for the last 3 years and am just on azathioprine. Lately, I've been having some recurrence of my initial symptoms, but my MR enterography looked fine, so hoping it's just a GI bug that's slow to resolve instead of the beginnings of a new problem.

Anyway, this seems like a very supportive place, just thought I should give an official hello!

Hi and welcome!

Glad to hear that you are doing fairly well. :) This is a wonderful place for support and advice!

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum, am glad you have decided to join :ybiggrin: What dose of the Aza are you on and how long have you been having the symptoms? Other than the MR enterography were any other tests done - bloods etc?

AB
xx

Angrybird - I'm on 125mg of azathioprine, which is maxed based on my body weight. My GI did do bloodwork which showed a mildly elevated ESR (which is unusual for me, in past has been completely normal even with active inflammation on colonoscopy) and a new, mild anemia. I'm just concerned because I'm having weight loss, increased bathroom trips and nausea; and while all of those could be related to stress, I can't imagine stress causing lab changes. I have an appointment with the GI again in 2 months, so I'm going to try to wait and see.

Angrybird

If the symtoms continue I would see if you could try and bring the appt forward, 2 months is a long time if you potentially have active crohns not being handled by your current meds.

David

Co-Founder
Hi skigirl and welcome :)

By chance is your vitamin B12 being monitored? With past disease in your terminal ileum (I realize you're in remission) I just wonder if you've used up your body's stores of it over the last few years and now some of your symptoms, including the anemia, are due to that. If you have been tested, when, and what was your level?

Again, welcome! :)