• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So glad i found you guys!

Hi my name is Sher and i have thought i was going crazy til i just found this sight. I was diagnosed bipolar about 7 years ago. But had gotten to the point i did pretty well with out meds. But last July i was having major belly pains and was told by er i had diverticulitis twice. I am a CNA and one day the nurse sent me to a different hospital that immediately signed me in and did a colonoscopy and found a mass that took up have my colon. The dr was sure it was an aggressive form of caner. Next morning i was being rushed in to have half my colon removed with a 90 percent of cancer. Head spinning. After mass being sent to Mayo Clinic i am told it was Crohns and i had a 90 percent chance of developing crohns in the future. By November i was back in the hosp with crohns. I was put on sterodes and to me an over welming amount of of pills and humera every two weeks. And since then i have had good periods but always know its there in some form. Pain upset stomach. I am reminded constantly by my gi that i need low stress levels. Easy for him to say i am a single mom a bipolar single mom. I have just been trying to learn my disease and how to wrap my head around how i went from someone who helped people as my passion and a very strong type a personality to a person who needs help and hardly ever has the energy to move. And i was or should i say am entering the dark side. But today finding this sight and seeing how many people do understand my daily struggles and are here to help me learn. Makes that wait that you always have to find that right thing that works for the bipolar much less scary knowing im not crazy for all the emotions i have flyin aroun. Thank you for listening and thank you for this sight!!

David

Co-Founder
Hiya sher and welcome to the community :) I'm so glad you joined!

You mention that you're bipolar. While I know the textbook definition, I'm curious how that applies to you if you're comfortable sharing. Mood swings? Highs and lows?

We're here for you anytime!

Angrybird

Hello Sher and welcome to the forum, there is a lot of helpful info and support here so do have a good nosy around and don't hesitate to ask if you are not sure on anything.

AB
xx