• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Glad to find support

I am starting to have esohpogial pain. Hard to swallow, pain between shoulder blades...getting scared its cancer. I don't have insurance so, for now just looking to vent and sharing stories. Thanks for being there!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there Prenaud and welcome to the community :)

Have you been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, or another form of IBD? If so, are you on any medications?

Have you talked to your doctor about the symptoms you mentioned above?

All my best to you :)

Thank you for responding so soon. Yes I was diagnosed with Chrons in Feb 2011. I had a resection 8 inches of my small intestine. I was told back then I should have surgery on my esophous ( spelling ). I do not have a Dr. right now and a little scared with my symptoms that it might be cancer. I was told I could not take Prilosec because of the absorbtion issues...not sure if there is anything I can do. Any advice or resources out there would be greatly appreciated. Just knowing i am now not alone does help.

Thank you again.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Prenaud. What was it about your esophagus back then that made them think you needed surgery?

The symptoms you're describing make me think it is related to your Crohn's disease or dietary related. The chance that it's cancer is extremely low. Regardless, being seen by a doctor is a good idea :)