Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Close to the edge!!!

09-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
SB6286

Close to the edge!!!

I have been going through a flare for almost 3 months now and haven't been able to go back to work. I was on prednisone for about a month and it didn't do anything..... weird huh? I am running out of money, my bills are backed up, and my wife is starting to hate me. She just thinks it is in my head and I'm not really that sick!! wtf Trust me, I would love to go make money. I pray to god wondering why I have to be so messed up and for some reason no answer... hmm what a surprise. I don't know it is just like one day I was fine living the perfect life and the next minute it all comes crashing down.

Not sure how much longer I can take this I honestly think it is killing me. I went from 220lbs to 160 in the last few months.. wow. anybody with some optimistic things to say are very much welcome. I just wish "one" day .. not two... just one I would feel human again.
09-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
teeny5

My Support Groups:
All I can offer is HUGS! Hope you feel better soon.

I would think your weightloss alone would be enough to show your wife that it is real what you are going through.
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
jed

Pen said:
Hey sometimes having your wife come on her would make her realize it is bad enough
are you missing a letter in there Pen? or am i reading it wrong?

either way, i giggled.

Current meds - Methotrexate, the rest werent doing anything.
Current state - hopeing poop softener, honey and cinnamon tea make me poop like a crohnie again..

my story - http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=3093
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
jed

oh, and i feel your pain SB.

best wishes mate.
09-04-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
My Butt Hurts
Squeals-a-lot!

OOOO!! I didn't read it THAT way Jed! Now I giggled too!

SB - 60 pounds is a lot to lose. What else are you taking? Do you have an appointment with your doctor soon?
I have a billion suggestions - but I don't know what will help.
I guess there is something similar to prednisone called entocort? Some people have had luck with that on here. I asked my doc about it when he wanted to put me on pred, but he said that it might not work as well, so I took pred.
Some people find antibiotics helpful. Ciprofloxacin and metronodizole (sp) are 2 that are taken at the same time. If you have tried sulfasalazine/asacol type meds, the next step up from there, I guess is 6MP/Imuran type. The next step up from there is the Cimzzia/Humira?Remicade type.
(Not trying to be a pill pusher, but sometimes it seems like those work the quickest...... or then again, not at all. Yeah, that was a helpful statement.)
I just started Humira after a lengthy flare and losing 40 pounds and getting down to down to 96.
Something that seems to be helping me right now (besides the pred) is a low residue diet. Google it. It seemed hard at first because I miss my fresh fruits, but it's not bad. Eating boring still feels good because I know it's not going to bother me as much. SOOOO worth the effort if it helps, right?
As for your wife, try to sit her down at a time when she's NOT feeling pissed at you, and just have a relaxing matter-of-fact conversation. Bring it up almost like you weren't planning on it. My husband didn't "get it" until I told him it felt like having the flu, but ALL the time. He finally "got it". I actually saw the light go on in his head. Having her read around on here might help too, if she feels like taking time to do it.
Good luck - feel better.
09-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
ladyB

SB, so there with ya. I haven't been able to pay on a student loan for wich I have a degree, and can't get off the toilet to use it
Sometimes, having your GI talk very frank with your spouse helps on the understanding.
HUGS...HUGS

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Close to the edge!!!